Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 172 of 948

There is likely to be at least some initial - Page 172 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 172

Daishain, is that spell on Poljen a Concentration spell or not? I ask because if the caster is able to look around the area and change targets each round, it sounds like he needs to concentrate on it…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It is indeed concentration. But he hasn't cast a concentration spell since, and hasn't taken damage, so that hasn't been a problem.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Got it. I still need to learn more about the magic rules. Normally I avoid magic like the plague as a player so rarely look them up. I thought any spell would disrupt a concentration spell, rather than it having to be another concentration one. Thank you for the clarification.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 172 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Is it possible to be within 30 feet of all the fallen party members? I'm just not sure where everyone is exactly.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Can Fay see the Mage? If so, how far away is he? If not, where will Fay have to go to get to the mage and are there a lot of people in his path? Thanks.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Paul, that used to be the case, making it so the caster pretty much couldn't do anything other than maintain the concentration spell.

5E took it in a different direction. You can cast other non concentration spells, but most spells that have a duration are concentration now. Making it a lot more difficult to have multiple buffs up, or things like the fog cloud spell from before.

Kyr, Cratol and Nyzahr are behind Lia, and pretty much right at 30 feet away. Go ahead and do your thing.

EDIT: If Fay moves beside Lia, he'll see the mage, no one would be in his path to there.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:42pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 172

Dungeon Master, if/when Velon makes his way outside and witnesses the battle for the first time, will he recognize friend from foe in any way based on what he's seen of this city thus far? I assume drakes, kobolds and the guards like the ones watching him would stand out. Not so sure on the mage and others, however. I'm guessing he may not be too sure initially. Thanks.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 172

There is likely to be at least some initial confusion. The enemy army isn't wearing identifying symbols. The mage in particular just looks like a guy in a decent quality robe.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.