Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 249 of 948

Since Cratol has posted that he went outside - Page 249 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jun, 2017 - 5:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 249

Third party feats would be those written by someone other than Wizards of the Coast. IE, unofficial homebrew.

It should be noted that both of the feats you mention are in that category.

If that came from a search, Danddwiki and a few other sites have an unfortunate tendency to pop up to the top of a google search for this kind of stuff with their homebrew articles, and they aren't known for being well balanced.

The official feats can be found in the player's handbook.

As to the two mentioned, they seem a bit on the abusable side. I'll need to think about that.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm still stuck in KC, so I'm away from my books. I thought Two Weapon Fighting was in the PHB. But, it appears I was wrong, Yes, DandDwiki is what came up. I think the one I was thinking of is something like Dual Weapon User and I thought that was TWF. I can keep on looking if you prefer. I was also looking at Magic Initiate. I'm pretty sure that is a core feat. I may just go with that. Let me know what you come up with and I'll tell you tomorrow after I land. My plane takes off early in the morning so I'll be out until around noon.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think I need to start a general discussion thread. "When Does 'Just Role-playing' Cross Over The Line Into Being a Jerk?"

I know you all seem to be having a blast with the inter-party tension and factions starting to form, and everyone being the first to take offense and respond by tearing into one another before someone else might respond. Fay began giving Poljen grief about Cratol leaving, and that was posted before I even responded to Cratol leaving the group. I still intend to post, and maybe after lunch, but now I need to do some re-thinking. My original plan was to post outside, once everyone was there, and I even had figured out most of what I was going to have Poljen say. Now there's a ton more stuff to deal with. Most of it is not fun.

I enjoy role-playing, but I am more into these games for a good story of adventure. Fun for me is not folks screwing with each other, even when it is 'just in character.' I like the party to work together, even when at odds. Right now I don't see that being realistic. If we were all sitting around a table I doubt we'd be acting this way with one another. If I were Game Mastering this group at a table I would seriously be thinking about disbanding, and starting a new group.

But all this is MY problem. Not any of yours. So give me some time to think of some responses, and post please. And trust me, it will leave the option quite open for the group to decide that Poljen does not fit in with the group, and he will be on his way. I'd rather not, since this adventure is really compelling to me, but not when almost every time certain characters post I roll my eyes and sigh…

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 249 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah I understand that why do you think Cratol walked away. He was tired of dealing with a petty lordling who still thinks he is the leader and what he says it the way and we all should be bowing to his wishes *smile*.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sorry Paul, I didn't expect it to take away from the fun for you or I wouldn't have contributed further. Good to know. I feel that learning the play preferences of the other people at the table is important so that you can mold your character to take actions that are either at least neutral in the impact on other players (Emphasis on players, out of character) if not contributing to the fun the majority of the time, never mind out of character behavior. I'm glad Nyzahr laughed at least, but I suppose that doesn't mean that Ash did.

I have one player at my weekly in-person table that purposefully molds most of his actions to upset people out of character as he takes pleasure in it, and I certainly never want to be that guy. (He will often ask "Where do you keep that item on your person?" or to the Dungeon Master "Can I one shot someone in their sleep?" the minute another character gets a magical item or something of value. As another example he'll question it any time anyone but his character hits for big damage or does something well, consulting the rule book to triple check how anyone but his character could shine in a given moment. He even asked that we keep a log of which character has done the most damage because he wants to 'win' Dungeons & Dragons .) I'm shocked he hasn't been kicked out in the past year. I definitely don't want to be that guy and I personally haven't gotten that vibe from anyone else in this group.

My view was such that I picture this is how the group actually ends up forming more personal relationships and coming together in a more realistic way than just "We're all such good hearted heroes, huzzah!", having gone through much together and eventually adapting to the very different backgrounds, motivations, and personalities. After my last post I was starting to think about the next step in the relationship between Fay and Velon which, knowing Velon's nature, would probably be to elbow Fay next to the camp fire, hand him a mug of ale, tell him they couldn't have survived the stalker without him, and still probably tease him about something. It would be up to Fay and Abnninja where it goes from there.

I would say that making sure you are having fun is not just your problem but mine as well, along with anyone else who shares my view on this at the 'table'. Someone would have to be completely unreasonable or a bit evil themselves (See above player description) for me to not want to adapt my play style to ensure they have fun too.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For Fay, the Dual Wielder Feat is the official one. Two Weapon Master is not however.

For all, lets try to tone this down a bit if you would. I would kind of like to have an intact group to work with when all is said and done. Do recall that in character you all have benefited from each other's actions, have shed blood together, and still share a common goal. Well, except maybe for Nyzahr on that last bit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2017 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 249

The Quiet Shadow says...

Do I need to have Geoffroy start knocking heads, or going into another speech about how Silver Blaze is supposed to be better than this and into the power of friendship?

Because I will do so, smiles.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jun, 2017 - 5:11pm

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 249

Since Cratol has posted that he went outside into the canyon, I am going to move everyone together. We can decide about the hatchlings and their caretaker later. Give me a little bit of time, because this will be as long a post as I have ever done…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.