Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 250 of 948

Daishain, Do you have a list of third party - Page 250 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jun, 2017 - 8:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
8th Jun, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 250

The Quiet Shadow says...

Seriously though, lets try to mellow the tempers a bit. Players I feel are starting to get upset as well and perhaps even feel they are being singled out, some aren't having fun. Even I'm starting to grow concerned with how things are developing and worry people will be starting to leave.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, so it looks like you guys are heading outside, feel free to post about such if so.

Bear in mind that Tallis and Elyria are waiting for you out there, along with the prisoners.

It should probably occur to some that arguing like this right in front of the freed prisoners may not be the best idea, but moving a bit away from them to hash things out would be simple enough.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Jun, 2017 - 6:19pm

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After reading the last few posts it is becoming apparent the party's cohesiveness is being sorely tested. What with a bunch of unpredictable Chaotic characters, a few hot-headed fighters, a protective son, two righteous clerics, a secretive mage and a mad monk, it could very well be that our "Roleplaying" got out of hand somewhat and contributed to bring the situation to a head (The "Fine line" Paul just posted about)... But after all every group and common enterprise has to pass this type of hurdle before true cooperation really sets in.

Just curious to see how this one turns out. Nyzahr is having a blast anyways, as she is in her natural element in the midst of strife and confusion (Beshaba's spawn, remember !), but she is smart enough to restrain herself to go into full provocative and abrasive mode with any of the others: firstly because she probably wouldn't win an open fight, secondly because this group united (Even and especially when fighting amongst themselves) is a lot more interesting to study than her being left to wander on her own… and thirdly because she does not identify with personal critics and insults the way a normal mortal would. She is, in a way, the spectator of her own existence, which makes her both more "Ego-less" but also a lot more unpredictable.

As far as the way she communicates with others, I adopted a Lyrical Stance Like This One to post her ideas in the Main Thread, but I'm not sure it really does justice to her actual form of mental imagery. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

P.S: Cinder, that was a classic comic book entrance, worth a laugh on many levels… although it's no wonder some of the more team-minded characters blew a fuse on this one.
As far as Nyzahr not being invited into the Blaze, it's only a normal precaution, considering her cryptical and unsettling behavior. In any case she relishes being allowed to observe earth-planars in their natural emotional environment, she is learning much indeed ! *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 8th Jun, 2017 - 6:55pm

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 250 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm tempted, after some others have a chance to speak, to have Velon inquire as to what the Blaze is really all about, but I also wonder what he would have learned as they were tracking the army for what, 15+ days?

If Velon would have learned a bit about any of the following during their travels, perhaps quickly squaring that away here is easier than in-game back and forth conversation.

- Are the Blaze always on the side of good, or could the next mission possibly be less noble?

- Are the Blaze driven more by coin and whatever jobs they are hired for, or rooting out evil in the world and helping the innocent?

- Are members of the Blaze expected to fall in line soldiers at all times, or are they free to go their own way and choose when to join up with the Blaze for a job?

The latter is very important to Velon as he needs to be able to go where Bahamut compels him to and help others as the need arises, or say no to a path he does not feel is for good. Being a soldier in an army is exactly what he has tried to get away from.

Thanks!

8th Jun, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

The way I have often see it, is that the Silver Blaze is both coin and for cause, but still generally adventurers in the fight for good. Perhaps a mercenary band in technically, but at least for Geoffroy he would never agree to accept coin for those who wanted something done that did not agree with his morals.

When I first joined as a player, though Geoffroy was established to be with them for longer, there wasn't technically a leader though it had started to be discussed. For many of the Silver Blaze, there was preference for decisions to be make without any one person being placed in charge though a case way make why one could be important especially in battle.

Well given how for quite a while I have long suspected this campaign is for The Rise of Tiamat adventure, or perhaps one with some variation in it, a servant of Bahamut would do well to perhaps stay just where he is in the fight against evil and in helping his dragonic God combat his sister's mechanisms and plans. As well that of her servants and followers working to fulfill such plans.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jun, 2017 - 7:15pm

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't think they have ever been defined that clearly, which is likely a part of the problem.

Back when the adventure began, I suggested that most of the players be a part of an existing adventuring team, with both a history and purpose. But things unfortunately did not get very far in that regard, in part because there were so many players involved.

But I think I can give some perspective.

The Blaze's first mission together (Decided upon as a past event that happened before the start of this campaign), was more a matter of several people banding together to deal with a relatively weak necromancer and the minions he was raising. Coin was to be had in the end, but it was the defense of the land and its people that rallied them.

At the start of the campaign, the Harpers offered substantial funds to go on this mission, but it was the potential plight of the town of Greenest that caught their attention, and when the dragon Lennithon killed the man in charge of the mission (NPC by the name of Sir Onthar Frume), they stepped up to the defense.

Not all in the Blaze are motivated by that which is good and righteous, but the group as a whole at least seems to gravitate that way.

The group also has not seemed to expect unwavering devotion. Targul was certainly free to leave when his life demanded his attention elsewhere, and he'll likely be welcomed back with open arms if he returns. I suspect Velon would not have much issue departing to serve Bahamut's interests and still being welcome as a member, at least so long as he remains steadfast while the group is in the thick of things.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 250

I am not a mad monk by the way. Think 16 year old male who is basically really experiencing life on his own for the first time. He can have some interesting emotions going through him. Yeah he may get a bit hot headed or broken hearted at things but he will get himself under control and carry on the mission.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 250

Daishain,

Do you have a list of third party feats or someplace I can go and look for them? I want to check them out before I make a final decision. Thanks.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.