Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 254 of 948

If the amount of detail I am providing is - Page 254 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 254

Daishain,

I'd like to choose the Blade Master feat (Unearted Arcana) for Fay. First, it's Unearthed Arcana and not exactly core, will you allow it? Also, I have a question regarding rules. It says he gains a reaction where he can assume a parrying stance. Can Fay then attack, use a reaction, and a bonus action? Can he still move doing all that?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'll allow it.

A reaction is simply a type of action that normally occurs during someone else's turn. Casting Shield, Feather Fall, and a couple other spells uses your reaction. So does making an opportunity attack

Bear in mind that because of this, in any particular turn, you can only benefit from either the second or the third portion of that feat.

And no, none of that impacts your ability to move or use other actions.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jun, 2017 - 2:21pm

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain,

Got it all and thanks for the explanation. I understand about using the second and third reaction abilities. Fay is updated.

10th Jun, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 254 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well, it appears we are now at the point of moving forward. Yet it came by way of hurt feelings and trust needing to be rebuilt. I will make sure to do what I can to prove it wasn't a mistake for Geoffroy becoming battle leader both In Character and Out of Character.

The question of the eggs is fairly important, as well if there are any other hatchlings. It has, if memory serves, been agreed that killing them would be seen as immoral by many but do we take them with us? Do we simply leave them behind where Tiamat's followers could snag them up for later use?

Should we have the party explore the rest of the cave system?
---

Also, I have activated my first gem. I am admittedly curious to see how it might be put to use.
"You have an admirer at your current location that is partial to helping you within their ability to do so."

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jun, 2017 - 6:05pm

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, I also have an observation on the subject of character update to make: I just realized that even though bards get two 3rd-level spell slots for a total of 9 spells a day (4 at level one, 3 at level two and so 2 at level three), they actually only have 8 spells learned in total.

That would mean Nyzahr actually has to choose between Major Image and Clairvoyance as her only 3rd level spell and she would then get 2 slots for that particular spell, right ?

Also, on the subject of skills, would her expert skills be raised for example from, say, +7 for a skill like Stealth as a level 4 bard (+3 Dexterity and double her proficiency of +2) to +9 at level 5, following the same logic (+3Dex, and double her new proficiency bonus of +3 = 3 + 6 = +9) ?

Just making sure I get this whole 5e-thing right, here…

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:13pm

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

She actually doesn't have to pick a third level spell at all. She can cast 1st and 2nd level spells at third level. So theoretically she could add another first or second level spell. Remember, we know are spells innately, so we can have different numbers of spells per level and use them as needed. 5e is different and I think better, I like it a lot.

And you are correct on the skills.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 254

That is correct, but it should also be noted that each time you level up as a Bard, you have the option to trade a spell known out for another of any level you can cast. So, potentially, you could keep both Major Image and Clairvoyance, swapping one of them in for a lower level spell. Whether you wish to do so or not is certainly up to you, though I do request that you keep Clairvoyance at least, since you've already used that spell.

As to skills, you've got the math right.

10th Jun, 2017 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 254

The Quiet Shadow says...

If the amount of detail I am providing is surprising anyone, lets just say I have found myself alight a bit more with creativity given how I found someone able to post more detail in a way I haven't found in a long time. It is actually really nice to find myself able to let loose a bit more.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jun, 2017 - 7:58pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.