Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 264 of 948

Yes the defense of them and the location they - Page 264 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 264

Thomas, I think Lia mentioned that in a post as well. This is a serious blow to what they have planned. I fully expect their higher ups to send assassins after us or maybe another dragon. This is a tremendous amount of effort put forth that is being ruined now.

As regarding these hatchlings and eggs… I think we should exercise extreme caution as to where we send them. Half dragons are extremely rare and wherever these go people will talk. I would expect Cyanwrath or someone similar to attack anywhere the hatchlings are to get them back. Greenest would have no chance. I think a city or nation with a large army might be best.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I agree, it will need to be a more major city that can defend itself from any army thrown at it. Better still with a large army of its' own. Such would be the only way to really make sure that the eggs, hatchlings, and infants are kept safe though I do consider that there might be those of Tiamat's servants who have infiltrated most cities.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jun, 2017 - 3:40pm

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I vote to take the hatchlings and leave the eggs for someone else to come back and retrieve. An option is to pursue and attack the caravan that left from here earlier. Take out the guards and use the wagons to transport the eggs. Tallis could wait in the canyon with the prisoners. That was the original plan anyways to attack that caravan.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:06pm

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 264 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Kyr and Thomas are correct, word will spread, and the cult will want them back.

The difficulty of raising them is also a consideration. To say they are likely to be problem children is an understatement.

Their humanoid half grants potential away from the inclinations of their other parent, but if raised in a society that doesn't nudge their alignment in other directions, the bulk of them will likely end up as lawful evil or one step removed. One would expect there to be a few good and/or chaotic individuals in there, but they'll be the minority.

It would not be unreasonable to assume that they would tend to reject the teachings of a chaotic or neutral good society. A lawful good society would however likely provide the structure and discipline most of them would crave while nudging them away from the other aspect of their heritage.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:13pm

14th Jun, 2017 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Sure, we can go with that plan. At least to start out, though it is possible that not even adding in those wagons will be enough. We may well still have to leave some of the eggs for someone to come back for, perhaps finding a way of getting a message out.

I will say though, the first option isn't even really a choice when we all get right down to it. In large part not only because it was been decided by the majority to be wrong, but because it will I feel cause upset and bring distrust from the kobold matron. We have just told her we won't bring any harm to the lives under her care and will defend them from others doing so, and I feel the eggs could count towards such a promise.

Finally, I wonder if there might be a way of repurposing that scroll mentioned, which would have been used to transport the prisoners to Thay, as perhaps that could be an additional option? If either altered or rewritten, it coule be used to transport the eggs, kobold, hatchlings and infants, perhaps even the prisoners.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:18pm

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like the idea of liberating the wagons from that caravan, but they are a bit full with loot from Greenest. We can probably redistribute some things to help out though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jun, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 264

The Quiet Shadow says...

I say we consider a lawful good city, one that can provide structure and firmly guide those half dragons who grow up there away from an evil path. Allow the discipline needed and taught morality towards a better life so as to fight the evil nature which would come from their chromatic dragonic blood.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:35pm

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 264

Yes the defense of them and the location they are sent to is a major concern. If there was such a place where they could be raised without any negative influence, with volunteers to teach them morality, preach a peaceful religion and/or allegiance to Bahamut over Tiamat, etc. That would be ideal. A village could even be set up for them so they sort of live in a perfect bubble where they have freedom but no temptations towards the evil side of the world. Perhaps Fay's family lands are this place, I'm just not sure of the distance from here or the size of their armies.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.