Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 267 of 948

Yes, that why Cinder. Until we hit the next - Page 267 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jun, 2017 - 10:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 267

That sounds fun Cinder. I like letting the character develop as you go. We had a discussion regarding that not long ago. Many like to plan their character through the high levels at the very beginning. I like the surprise method as well.

Edited: Daishain, I was wondering something. If Lia moves towards a party member and uses cure wounds while they are in melee combat, that would provoke an opportunity attack correct? I want to clarify that before I put her at risk doing so in the future.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:00pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes I'm quite glad that the Charisma synergy between Paladin, Sorcerer, Warlock, and Bard leaves lots of room to make it up as I go along, assuming Daishain will put up with me potentially going to a 3rd class some day if it makes sense within Velon's story *wink*

In my weekly in-person game I have a duel wield fighter, and find myself trapped by him. If he finds the greatest two handed weapon or shield in the realm and decides to use it, his duel wielding feat and fighting style go to waste. He has also developed a strong interest in magical defenses after getting hit by friendly fire several times, and I do mean fire, but he's almost impossible to multi-class into anything good at this point. He doesn't meet the stat requirement to multiclass into Warlock, Wizard, or Sorcerer and even if he did he'd be sacrificing major Fighter benefits for level 1 spell slots from another class. Armor of Agathys doesn't really do much at level 1.

Some might say having to plan your character out from the start is a drawback of 5e, but I do still like 5e quite a bit overall for other reasons. I hope to Dungeon Master a live 5e game here in Boston at some point in the coming years!

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Velon. I don't think that needing to plan ahead is a fault of only 5e. 3.5 was terrible about that as well. All those feats are chained together. Picking the wrong feat could lead to dead ends if you weren't careful.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 267 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain,

How many eggs do we actually end up taking with us? How many more can Cratol fit in that backpack of his? We had a few PMs about that but I'm not we ever got an answer.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Kyrroeth if you were asking about build at all because we lost a strong caster, at least I'll get fireball next level for some solid AoE. I think I'll get to add Charisma modifier to the damage for that at Sorcerer-lvl6 too, so it should be potent (Need to verify that, though). Daishain had mentioned this as a potential group need when I was building Velon, which is partially how I ended up choosing at least a situational caster.

Yeah I have not played 3.5 but did play a brief Pathfinder campaign once. I remember having a giant spreadsheet of the feats that I color coded for different builds. It made me feel like there would be lots of options as I went, but you're right a lot of them had several levels of prerequisites.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sorry, but no, Velon won't be getting fireball next level.

Check the MCing rules again. You get third level spell slots, aye. But the sorcerer spells you know are based on your sorcerer level alone, and 4th level sorcs don't have access to fireball.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jun, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 267

The Quiet Shadow says...

If I take a level of cleric next time we go up for such, I should be getting Fireball myself. As such when it comes to that at least, we could have a more high damage spellcaster.

Also, the reaction might have been a little strong, but I found it appropriate as I did believe Geoffroy would have come to see Onwen as a member of the Silver Blaze. As such, he would not have been well too pleased to learn of him turning traitor.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 267

Yes, that why Cinder. Until we hit the next level we don't have anyone that has a great AOE spell. Hopefully we will be okay. If we fight single targets like we have been doing lately we are in great shape.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.