Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 293 of 948

I hope that I haven't missed too much, - Page 293 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 293

I'm waiting for Amber Jack to talk to his contacts. Since you want to hurry up the story; should I post something like; "A month later they walk through the tavern door… " or something like that; or should I continue to wait for him to post?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I had intended for everyone to arrive at the Yawning Portal within a few days of each other, and meet Silas at the same time.

That got a little awkward as Poppo's introduction is continuing to take a fair bit longer than I anticipated.

Does Oswald have anything in particular he'd do in Neverwinter, Waterdeep, or on the road in between them? (The trip to Waterdeep should take around three weeks, to calibrate how much spare time you have)

If so, now would be a good time to bring it up. I imagine Oswald has contacts of his own for instance.

P.S. Christian, just something to think about for future reference, I know you're new to this format. The nature of Play By Post games lends itself to long delays. Some of them we cannot avoid, some we can. If you aren't going to be around to post again for the next 12+ hours, ask yourself a simple question, "Do the others have what they need to progress without my input?" If the answer is no, think about structuring your post to correct that issue.

Sometimes there's not much you can do in that regard, and we get it. We just want to minimize such occurrences.

As an example of what I am talking about, the situation with the zone of truth questioning. You could have prerolled your saving throw, or just willingly failed it. If you didn't want to do either, you could have gone ahead and answered the questions, as in this case the save made no difference.

If the save would have made a difference, you can also make a post with two alternate outcomes.

Of course, all this is unnecessary if you plan to check back in in an hour or so, this kind of stuff is to avoid adding day long delays to simple exchanges.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Jul, 2017 - 6:28pm

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Knowing Amber Jack, my character would trust his contacts more than mine; especially since I've been away for years.

That being said, I really don't have any other stops I need to make. So, if you think its alright to fast forward, I could simply state that; "After talking to Jack's contacts we traveled to Waterdeep, reminiscing about old times and new tales… " Something like that. If you want to do the talking to contacts over here (Off the main board) for me and Amber I'd be cool with that if you are.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 293 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay everyone

I have been offline for the last few days and just caught up with recent posts.
A bit baffled by Oswald's latest mishaps with the guards here… is there a side story unfolding I'm not aware of ?

In any case I'm back on track and ready to post / fill in for any storyline if needed, just keep me in the loop !

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No side story, just an attempt to keep things moving in your absence. Think you can work with it?

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Amber Jack: Yeah, sorry man. Just wanted to keep the story going and wasn't sure when/if you were coming back.

I used the post to separate us in such a way that you could still tell your side.

I left the contact unknown, as well as the reason he turned on you and the reason the guards were there. That way you can fill in the signifance, if any, to all of that.

Either way, my character got spooked, realized that if he got jailed he'd miss the quest, and thought that he'd have a better chance of clearing his name with the aid of the Silver Blaze (That is the name of the group, right?).

Daishain: Did I find anything in the horses saddlebags? Also, what is the road like past the workers? Rough, non-existent, dirt, etc.?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 293

It isn't really a road past the workers. They've cleared the vegetation, the route they picked was already flat, and there's been enough traffic since the old road was lost for the path to be obvious, but it isn't much better than riding over unmarked plains.

Ah, right, the horse is stolen. Hmm, let me ask some dice.

The dice say there's horse feed and water supplies, but not food for Oswald, at least unless he gets desperate enough to munch on raw grains.

11th Jul, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 293

The Quiet Shadow says...

I hope that I haven't missed too much, replies seem to have built up. I will go catching up on everything and posting, seems I was better able to keep up on replies during the convention then offer strangely enough though I have been catching up on sleep.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:09am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.