Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 294 of 948

Charisma is generally associated with appearance, - Page 294 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 294

Okay, I posted a backstory to Robert's post, that should tie the loose ends nicely.

Daishain, feel free to comment or correct any factual mistakes I may have made.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Love the post. Now I'm wanted for murder and horse theft in Baldur's Gate. My characters always seem to attract trouble; but that's my nature smile.gif.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That would be wanted for murder and theft in Neverwinter rather than BG. Its only on the opposite side of the Storm Coast. No big tongue.gif.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 294 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sorry, I thought I was in Baldur's Gate (Even mentioned it in a post). I'll change that from now on.

To be honest, I don't really know much about this campaign world; but thankfully there is Google for any questions I have about places.

Glad I didn't go with an earlier plan of stopping at Daggerford, exhausted from lack of food. Since, it's passed Waterdeep now, *laugh*.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas, I really hope that this doesn't offend you. I don't mean to be offensive in any way but I feel I need to say this. During the big leader controversy Geoffroy was appointed to be the leader of the group. This was despite misgivings about the frequency of your postings.
I had the same misgivings because of that. I felt that you were doing better at that time regarding posting more consistently. Being offered the leadership role would cause you to keep posting frequently as well. That is why I didn't say anything at that time.

I'm saying all this because since this chapter has begun you have been almost nonexistent. We focus posts on Geoffroy because he is our leader and makes decisions. Lia offered the scroll to Geoffroy two or three days ago in real time but he never reacted to it. Others have tried to interact with you as well. In a normal game the standard is to post every two days. Daishain's game has a faster pace to it which I'm sure we all enjoy. It keeps things from just dragging out. As leader you really need to post once a day if possible to keep the game moving. Daishain has had to skip past some points just to keep the game moving.

The game depends on Geoffroy because he makes decisions for the group. I just wanted to bring this to your attention so you would realize this. I don't mean to call you out but I can't PM you since you aren't a premium member currently. As I said at the beginning, I hope that you aren't offended. I just think that this needed to be said.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jul, 2017 - 12:04am

12th Jul, 2017 - 12:23am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Sighs, my apologizes I will improve. Things have gotten better but there was a few unexpected surprises and distractions. I understand what you are saying and will work to show the late couple of days is more just a setup and I will still be moving forward. Also I am not offended, it has been something bothering me the last few days as well.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jul, 2017 - 12:24am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 294

Kudos to you both for respectful and constructive criticism, and in turn for taking it so well.

I have another serious subject, Velon's Character Title! I've left it as Ignoble for all of this time. A charge is overdue! Anyone have any good suggestions based on Velon's build, personality, look, utility, etc.? I went with Flame Wielder as something quick for now, but there's potentially Dragonblood, a reference to his tank status, Paladin reference, or simply something such as the Happy Fool *wink*

------------

Ky, nice of you to play along with Velon's antics. I feel so silly fishing for compliments for my Dungeons & Dragons character, but Velon was hoping someone would notice that he finally cleaned himself up! It reminds me of a question for our Dungeon Master...

Daishain, what are your thoughts on addressing how good looking characters are? I know many tie it to one's Charisma score as my first ever game group had told me, but I always thought that was a bit silly as then all Sorcerers and Locks are thus quite good looking and no fighter, barbarian, etc. Could possibly be so. I could see needing a high Charisma score to declare your character to be the most handsome chap in all the land, however, so I'm not sure. My opinion is probably simply that players can decide for themselves regardless of class or stats unless they want some actual utility out of it such as "Everywhere my character goes the men fall all over her and will do anything she asks". In that case we're probably requiring some Charisma enhanced persuasion rolls of one time or another. Curious to hear the thoughts of a more experienced player and Dungeon Master. (Really just a curiosity here. In Velon's case I'd probably just say that he's average to slightly above average looking, perhaps with a good smile to fit his disposition.).

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 294

Charisma is generally associated with appearance, but I am not of the opinion that it is the be all. A handsome man can easily be about as charismatic as an undead rat.

Or to put it another way, If a particular person is high up on the scale for either good looks or charisma, the odds are pretty good they do well on the other scale as well. However, exceptions to that trend are fairly common.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.