Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 295 of 948

Good call on the teleportation question. Sorry, - Page 295 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 295

To add to the "Beauty" discussion here, reminds me of an interesting particularity of The Witcher's books, where his world is very similar to medieval central europe but with a flourish of monsters added to the mix, frequent use of alchemy and herbalism and, of course magic. The female magic users of Sapkowski's world especially seem to have the quirk of using magic to make themselves extraordinarily good-looking and hide their true age. Obviously different from Forgotten Realms, but I enjoyed the idea of a hord of highly intelligent, extremely powerful but utterly greedy and vain magic users.

As far as Charisma is concerned, I always saw it as personal magnetism. And yes, that could mean anything from the older, chubby-looking crone with extremely good people skills to the handsome assassin with dead man's eyes and the manners of a snake, or the incredibly dazzling-looking lass with a horrible voice and an even worse character, etc.

As far as Velon, from the way you play him I imagine a somewhat ruddy-looking redhead with a slightly sweaty brow, reddish cheeks and a permanent viking grin. Like a bearded, red-headed Kiefer Sutherland on the brawny side. Am I close ?

P.s: about leadership, nothing wrong with rotating the character holding that responsibility. We can also consider a system with a group of 3 at the top fulfilling different tasks, say a Speaker (Who speaks for the group and carries out decisions in the name of all, after consulting, gets paid and divides treasure, clears conflicts, etc… Geoffroy would be great for that role, I think), a Strategist (Who plans the general walking order, takes the tough decisions, assigns tasks and generally surveys the Blaze's logistics… here I'm seeing Lia easily), and a Captain who leads the group into battle, protects the weakest members and divides the weapons and armor plundered, for example (That could very well be Poljen, who even though he's hot-headed is totally dedicated to the group, or Fay or anyone else who might be deemed competent for the post).

There is also the simpler option of designing a Leader and a Lieutenant (Who fills in for Geoffroy whenever Thomas is too busy to post, for instance…)

There are many ways to resolve this smoothly without making anyone feel overly pressured, is all I'm saying.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:54pm

Sponsored Links:
12th Jul, 2017 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

So, any suggestions on the questions we could ask? I want to make sure and try to get the right information, and admittedly wasn't certain is a Commune would be allowed or that it might come at a cost that I couldn't afford. I am thinking of looking back on the information given by the kobold messenger and she if there was anything I could use from that. Otherwise, I may have had a good idea with some uncertainty on how to put it to use in a way that can be helpful.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:49pm

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oswald, Jack, day of the meeting, will you approach the group or staying separate?

Either works fine, it just makes a difference in intro.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 295 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

*laughs*, on seeing Velon's comments, I imagined a Kingseeker Frampt scenario, with Lord Irdeith the dragon poking his head up out of the well in the room.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:21pm

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That is a great solution for the leadership issue Ash. It's up to Thomas. I'm open to doing it either as we are currently or the way that you suggested.

Robert, I looked over your spells selected as I looked at your character sheet. Faerie Fire and Burning Hands are your domain spells. They are free and don't count against the spells that you can know. So with your cleric level plus wisdom modifier you know 5 spells. That will be in addition to any and all domain spells of the appropriate level that you know automatically. Since you are a 3rd level cleric you also get flaming sphere and scorching ray as free domain spells. I don't want you to be shortchanged.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:20am

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: I thought we agreed to something along the lines of Lia being lieutenant during general play and Poljen during battle. Am I misremembering here? They can keep things moving when needed. But in truth, we should all check the site and post once a day, more if possible. I'm back from my business trip so I should be posting more. Although I don't see Fay as a lieutenant since he isn't even a member of the Blaze… just an associate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jul, 2017 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 295

The Quiet Shadow says...

I had though the "Leadership" position was intended mostly for battles and tactical situations, which is way I was quietly surprised to see the expectations raised on Geoffory's leadership roles out of combat though I was accepting of such. Decision making would still very much be a group effort and wouldn't be for just my character or I to decided.

Still I'm fine with us setting up a more shared leadership experience between our characters, though admittedly I'm not so keen on how it all came up here. I had a small bout of inactivity, but return decently strong with some words of constructive criticism and admittance of wrong on my part. My activity did pick up afterwords.

Of any case though, having Lia as something of a lieutenant in general interactions and Poljen more in battles is fine. I'm willing to agree to such a setup, our characters working together in such things would perhaps be for the best.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Jul, 2017 - 6:26pm

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 295

Good call on the teleportation question. Sorry, wasn't clear, but Velon's sarcasm was still jovial, just exaggerated appreciation like "Aw, Fay" not nasty towards Fay. Nothing different than their recent teasing.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.