Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 297 of 948

Yes, I love Poppo as a character. Please do - Page 297 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jul, 2017 - 5:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 297

Basically having multiple leaders is a sign of trust for those other characters. I am not saying that there is no trust in the current leadership, far from it.

But if the group or players are concerned about dividing up power so that not all decisions are being put on one person's shoulders or the reliability of a player posting or whatever; which both appear to have been concerns in the past based off of what little I've seen.

By placing full power in multiple hands then it isn't always one person posting all the big decisions; it's a couple of people so it's easier on all the leaders.

If this was irl and not on post, it would simply be the first one to speak up and make a decision on the matter. It can work that way here too.

I know I saw some other names floating around here as other people who is trusted to make decisions. Probably be the best people to pick as other leaders in game too.

Once again, I know I'm new, and not even a member of the Silver Blaze yet; and I am not trying to steal power away from Thomas, far from it. I just want this group to work well both in and out of game. *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2017 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think it's not so much about the decisions as it is about making sure we're around to make the decisions. I think we're probably good to go the way things are for now, as long as we all stay engaged… which is funny coming from the guy who was in the ME for a few weeks and wasn't as engaged as he should have been. For which I'm sorry to all of you. I'm back now.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

My suggestion: two different leadership teams of 2 characters each (One team for battle tactics only, and another one for general leadership and group representation), following Robert's idea of "Whoever posts first gets to decide", this way the 'Lieutenant' can fill in for the 'Main Leader' in case the latter isn't able to post or reach a quick decision. And yes, everyone will have to respect and conform with that decision, no matter what the consequences are (Unless of course one of our characters decides to disobey or contest said-leadership in-game, which would be a question of roleplaying, not logistics…).

My vote would be:

- General Leadership: Geoffroy / Lia
- Battle Tactics : Poljen / Fay (Who's not a full member but seems well-suited to the task)

But after all, this whole double-team affair could be getting too complicated, in which case we can continue as we are, and whenever Geoffroy isn't able to post we leave it to Lia to take a snap decision, for example. She seems well-suited to the task, as well.

I guess the main thing is for everyone to trust and respect whoever is being appointed as leader, without him and her having to fear of being accused of "Choosing the wrong thing to do".

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 297 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Somehow my phone reposted the message. I don't know how to delete post so I just edited it into this explanation instead *laugh*.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ash,

Well thought out and I like your approach. That said, I'm willing to go with how we are currently set up, especially if Lia becomes the lieutenant so she can smooth over any absences. There's no doubt Lia is the most level headed in the group… and Kyrroeth may be as well IRL!

The other points you made are great too. We have to trust each other and respect each other. I hope our new players realize anything Fay says in game is Fay. I respect everyone here as players.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am cool with whatever leadership structure you have worked out. Also, I assume everything that happens in the main thread to be character interacting. If I have an issue I would bring it up here and would hope that others would do the same. I am having a great time so far. Hope Poppo is not too annoying. ☺️.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 297

The word is amusing, at least as far as I'm concerned.

In any case Christian, waiting on a last response from you in the main thread.

In regard's to Cinder's suggestion, rolling persuasion can improve the price, though if you do poorly you may raise it instead. If you have two high persuasion people working together you do minimize the risk by having advantage on the roll.

P.S. Cinder, typing O O C and I C without the spaces between letters will automatically yield Out of Character: and In Character: respectively. No need to type it all out.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:42pm

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 297

Yes, I love Poppo as a character. Please do not change a thing unless you want to due to role play.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.