Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 323 of 948

Ugh, mediocre rolls at best for Velon versus - Page 323 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 323

Hi Daishain, please let me know how much damage Velon took last turn with a Shield pop.

I'm still holding off on a post for Geoffroy and Poppo since they are fighting the same dwarves and ahead on initiative. I figure their actions could greatly influence Velon's choice. I should be able to post in short order today once they do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Shield blocked one hit, you take ten less damage.

This should continue to be interesting.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Christian, first I noticed you only rolled one die for each magic missile attack, then I saw you rolled them as 2-4. Don't worry, we each have done this. It is a bit confusing. Lord knows I did it about the first half-dozen times I rolled on this site. This is the way I do it… and there might be a more efficient way…

To roll 2d4+4, unfortunately you have to roll each die individually. The thing you enter that says, "Start" is the lowest number you accept. So if you roll a d4 with a 2 there, it rolls once, and runs between 2 and 4. The number of dice you want to roll is the last in the row, "Amt."

Unfortunately so if you click that up to 2, and have say a +4 in the bonus, it rolls 2 4-siders, and adds 4 to each roll. So you can either roll a d4 with a +4, and another without, or roll 2d4, and mention in the text a +4 should be added. I guess you could roll 2d4 with a +2, and it would work in that case, but what if the bonus you have is not easily divisible by the number of dice? Does anyone have the answer for that?

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 323 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, I noticed I screwed up the dice rolls and tried it again but it will probably have the same problem. I have 4 missiles each doing a 1d4+1 and was using 2 for Poppo and 2 for Elyria. I guess I will have to edit that roll again. tongue.gif.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I did it early on too ChristianD. I think it's a right of passage here. Now you're really part of the gang!

Posted since I knew what others around me (Poppo and Lia) had done. Just Geoffroy left, I believe. Short of him dropping a fireball right on Lia and Velon I figured it was safe to post *wink*.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If that is what you have, since each is d4+1, you could 2d4+1... Or, and I found this reading the entire thread on Help for the dice roller, is since the minimum for 2d4 is 2, and the max is 8, you could do 1d8, starting at 2, and add a bonus of 2. The problem I have with that solution is that I am assuming it is a random generator, and for a d8, each number has a 12.5% chance of occurring. But if you do 2d4, the chances of the total being greater than the minimum is better than average. In craps, you roll 2d6. 2 and 12 are the least likely to come up, while 7 is the most likely…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 323

If Poppo can get clear of the immediate duergar this round, he'll lob a fireball to the north now that there is some room. Very interesting battle. Not looking forward to those Gorgons getting free *smile*.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 323

Ugh, mediocre rolls at best for Velon versus opponents with high AC. I forget if we figured out what their AC is, exactly.

Yeah I'm waiting for that ticking time bomb when the shield fails. I think Velon is less concerned than I, however, as he has faith in Silas's power and is less aware of everything else going on in general.

I suppose Poppo wouldn't know of Cratol's position or be able to see him behind the shield wall. *evil grin* wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.