Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 328 of 948

Peanut #2: Agree that people shouldn't - Page 328 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 328

Incase anyone was curious, the words that I've been using for the Verbal component of my spells is the name of the spell in Latin.

I've always thought that it would be appropriate for religious spells to be done in Latin and arcane spells to be done in Draconic.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Robert, I'd have gone with Arabic or Farsi… but maybe that's because those are the languages the Army stuck me with!

Thomas,

Those are pretty cool character templates but the second one sounds pretty amazing. Well thought out.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Thomas, I don't think I can justify letting someone play two and a half characters in a game this full. If you wish, you can do the same as Ash, run a tag team with two characters, but only one of them active at a particular time.

Unfortunately, there are no other 5E games on this site at present (We really need more Dungeon Masters other than Kn and I)

It would not be too difficult to run up a suitable reason for Geoffroy to bow out, especially if we go with the injury excuse. Is this something you wished to do soon?

4th Aug, 2017 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 328 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Yes, it is something I would like to do. If doing the tag team where I switch between characters, though the question is whether or not we should wait until after we finish things up at the swamp?

There could be fair excuse that once we make it out of the Undermountain, perhaps one of the Duergar offers a particularly nasty blow that refuses to heal or the cleric is poisoned in some way that conventual healing magic doesn't seem to work on. That, or something from whatever else you may have planned for the party. With perhaps Silas then taking Geoffroy back with him.

At the same time though, I would want the okay of the other players. Since I had agreed to take on leadership responsibilities with Geoffroy, so it could be seen as unfair remove him even if temporarily given how critical of a mission this is.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:10pm

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas,

If you are looking for input from the peanut gallery, this peanut thinks after the mission is the best option. That said, I'm not dead set on it and could easily have my opinion swayed.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomas, those are interesting character options, though take caution with characters that are distrustful and distant; it makes meshing with the group difficult and it extends the time it takes to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses.

My backup character, that I have incase my character dies sometime in the near future, is pretty cool. And, if Oswald does survives for a while, I may still ask to bring this guy in as a second character; if there is space.

Manos Ferrytrail
Lv 1 Wizard
Human

Strength: 16 +3
Dexterity: 10
Con: 14 +2
Int: 16 +3
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 8 -1

HD: 1d6
HP: 8

Weapon Prof: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows, improvised weapons.

Tool Prof: Carpenter's Tools

Saving throw: Int and Wisdom

Skills: Arcana, Insight, Investigation, and Perception

Equipment: Quarterstaff (A dinged and scratched up walking stick), Arcane focus (A crystal that has been added to his carpenter's hammer), Explorer's Pack (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50ft of hempen rope), a spellbook (Filled with more hay than spells), Carpenter's Tools, a letter of introduction from the guild, a set of traveler's clothes, and a pouch containing 15gp.

Spellcasting:
3 Cantrips
2 1st lv slots
Spell DC: 13
Spell Att: +5

Cantrip:
Blade Ward
Mending
True Strike
1st lv:
Comprehend Languages
Feather Fall
Find Familiar
Grease
Mage Armor
Shield

Features:
Ritual Casting
Spellcasting Focus
Arcane Recovery
Guild Membership

Feat:
Tavern Brawler

Alignment: CG

Languages: Common, Gnomish, Dwarven

Background: Guild Artisan

Guild Business: Wagon-makers and wheelwrights

Characteristics: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.

Idea: Aspiration - I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.

Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.

Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.

Obviously I'd have to level him up. The general concept is that he is a barroom brawling wizard.

"Nothing like slamming your fist into a fighter's face and seeing the surprise in his eyes as he realizes I'm wearing wearing a Belt of Giant Strength and that I've cast True Strike." *laugh*.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Aug, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 328

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well that is reasonable, and mainly the way she will be distrustful in in talking about herself or trusting the party emotionally and in believing too strongly others will have her back. Particularly given the right entrance and setup, I am sure we could work out while she will need to join the party for the sake of survival and trust them when it comes to battles.

Simply, she will need a little time to make sure the party won't throw her under the bus simply for being a drow. Also in seeing how they treat her or what they say to and about her. As such, she would understand that as a drow it may take them some time to trust her but if any character goes out of their way to say hateful things to her or be overly accusational it will make it harder for her to open up.

Again, she won't look for trouble and will generally go out of her way to try to prove she isn't like others of her race, but given how often she has already been betrayed, insulted, or run out of town because of her appearance or color of her skin. Yah, she will be pretty justified in being careful in who she opens up to or trusts on a more emotional level.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:47pm

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 328

Peanut #2: Agree that people shouldn't have 2+ characters active at once, but swapping once in a while is cool with me per the Dungeon Master's discretion on the when/where/how. We're all here to have fun and if you think changing characters is more fun for you and doesn't ruin things for anyone else then you should be able to.

I do suppose if everyone changed that would be a bummer for any original character that had put time into role playing those relationships, but so far it's only been one person who was playing a very distant, quiet character (But still had very entertaining posts!). At least if Poljen ever goes I'm sure he'll go out in a blaze of glory and the Blaze with forever speak of his heroic deeds. He'll be even bigger in death than in life!

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.