Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 330 of 948

Oh yeah, I assumed we were giving our Dungeon - Page 330 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 330

I think Cratol is part berserker. He should multiclass into a berserker barbarian *wink* He may need Lia's revivify spell soon. I think KN is following my advice. I did say that if your character dies to be the first to die. I can only revivify one character die to the lack of components.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, even Poljen, once he comes down from his Rage, might question the wisdom of that particular move, KN. I mean, Poljen is bigger and able to take more damage, so he might do it himself, if he thought it was crucial. But since the bad guys behind us were already engaged, he probably would not have done that.

As for character changes, well, I have no desire to swap Poljen out. I like him, and am having a blast with him. As for others, I don't think it is up to us to say if someone CAN do it. That's for the GM. But since our opinions have been sought, I will say play what you like. The only thing I ask, of everyone, is can we please keep down the number of untrusting/suspicious/anti-social characters? Yes, it can make for some interesting interactions, but especially when you're not around a table playing face-to-face, it can easily get frustrating at how long it takes for new characters to integrate into the game.

I play mainly for epic adventure stories, with some good interaction thrown in. I prefer parties that, for the most part, get along decently. There is always room for disagreements. I have been in email/post games, and sometimes I feel my hackles rise just seeing that a certain character has posted, because every time the player has written about how awesome their character is, or how much he doesn't like another character, or something else that emphasizes they are not getting along. All that bogs down the story, which of course bothers me, and reduces enjoyment for most of the players.

My two cents worth… I still may start a thread about, "When Role-Playing Is An Excuse To Be A Jerk."

4th Aug, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Mainly she would be more quiet and slow to open up, again she is a drow so she won't know if she can trust the party with her life or to have her back. That even if they don't start accusing her of stuff, others might and she wouldn't know if the party stands by her.

I might add though, once she starts becoming comfortable with the party and starts taking down her walls used to protect herself, she can show herself to be more friendly and open. Her being distrustful will mostly be for when she firsts meets someone, until she gets to know them.

Again also, despite the distrust, she won't be the type to start fights or cause problems unless someone becomes confrontational with her. She will mostly be quite and observe, and do what she can to help out unless she feels threatened.

Finally, unlike a certain necromancy, she won't betray the party… at least not unless they betray her first. If she is shown kindness and given a chance despite her race, she will prove herself very loyal to the party. The drow will just need to be shown that she can trust the party members, to know that she can feel safe.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:27pm

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 330 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well last time they had the odds against them he was seen as a slacker. Now this time he can not be said to be a slacker. He took a risk that he felt was needed to break the shield wall. He almost had it the first round and that may have saved him but he did what he though would help everyone.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Kyr, thanks for the suggestion *smile*

Cratol, my healing should get you back up if you want to post your turn's actions.

(Sidenote) Be interesting if we all built our backup characters and formed a team with them in a parallel campaign that is working towards the same end goal, but with neither group knowing about the other group. Just an idea.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We'd need another Dungeon Master and they are in short supply. Mostly I think it's a time thing. For sure it is with me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 330

If I wasn't already running a home campaign and wasn't about to start a new job; I'd volunteer. Not going to lie, it's tempting to run the same campaign here; though it would likely have nothing to do with this campaign world.

I don't know much about this campaign world. I've always hung out in Eberron or home games.

[By The Way], out of game, what happened with the betrayal? Did the actual players turn on you or just the characters? We're the characters npcs? If they were pcs, are the players still in the group? No one talks about it beyond 'the betrayal' so I'm curious.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:49pm

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 330

Oh yeah, I assumed we were giving our Dungeon Master time to get out of real life stuff and compile our input, but does Cratol need/get to go before Daishain? Not sure how that works if the healer was after him in initiative on a round he was down for, etc.

I'm multitasking with my laptop most days so keeping up for me is easier. The evenings/weekends that I'm busy hiking and with my girlfriend are actually the harder part for me. I've thus considered finding another online game since I'm hooked on Dungeons & Dragons, but probably shouldn't.

I'd like to Dungeon Master some day, but pictured that being at a live table. I've been making notes on ideas for my campaign for the last six months or so, but would have a lot of actual NPC and encounter building to do with regard to all of the stats, etc. Then there are just the small factors of enough interested friends and enough time! I already play every Tuesday night in person. I enjoy that group but we have one jerk (Just causes random chaos, doesn't really roll play a character) and about 4 rules lawyers, so I don't think I'd want to Dungeon Master them! (Sh, don't tell them I said that!)

Anyone in Boston? wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.