Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 336 of 948

I think we should run like hell once the north - Page 336 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Aug, 2017 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
6th Aug, 2017 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 336

The Dice Master says...

Daishain, are you accepting new Players for your game? I am browsing at the moment and can drop hints to your game if you wish.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Technically yes.

However, I've got nine active players at present, have set the cap at ten, and none of mine look to be retiring any time soon. Coordinating this many makes me a little disinclined to raise that cap at present.

So, if someone is interested, feel free to send them my way. But if multiple come, someone is getting disappointed.

If you are dropping hints, we could use a few more people inclined to take on the GM role.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I don't know how you handle this big of a group Daishain. This is a huge combat to coordinate. Once again, thank you for the great job you are doing with this campaign.

Fay has been rocking with some great rolls. He might have bitten off more than he chew. I think with the worn down status of our group that we wouldn't have a chance versus this horned devil without Silas. I hope Fay will hear the cry to retreat. Lia will be yelling it right in his ear very soon.

This situation reminds me of the joke about being chased by a bear. Applying the joke to the horned devil… We don't have to outrun the horned devil. We just have to outrun one person in the group. Sorry Cratol. You might have to take one for the team *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:29pm

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 336 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain,

I hope the 18 my luck roll produced was enough. In case it wasn't, and woe be upon us if that's the case, don't forget he rolled bless to make it a 19. If that doesn't do it Fay may drop his swords and start praying to the thing as a supplicant. I assume this thing will be every bit as hard as a… say Blue Deagon to take down. There we got lucky, here we may not. I'm all for retreating.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Forgot my second Stealth roll for my advantage so I'm rolling it here. (Plus some additional words to be able to post this.).

Rather off topic, but...
Edit: Out of curiosity, what are the requirements to GM here?

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually Abn, at least according to the game's CR system, Lennithon was about 50% tougher of a challenge than a standard Horned Devil. (CR 16 vs 11)

The way CR works, a single CR 16 creature is in theory supposed to be an even match for four level 16 PCs

However, as demonstrated by the fight with Lennithon, using CR as a guideline is problematic. Its not well balanced, especially when multiple individuals on either side are involved, and it does a poor job of representing other factors in a fight (Such as the cover and ballistae the group had to work with). But still.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 336

From what Daishain says about the CR of the devil, I think we would have a pretty good chance of defeating… IF it weren't for the fact we'd also have at least 8 more duergar to contend with. From what I have been seeing and reading, in 5th edition numbers are a huge element. If one side has more than the other, that can be a big edge. That is a reason many of the bigger monsters have multiple attacks, legendary actions/resistances, etc.

So I think if we Silas can keep the force wall up, and the devil keeps resisting the banishment, we can take it. As long as it resists, we should work on it. But Poljen will stick with mopping up dark dwarves for the moment. I will post later this afternoon.

Edit: Oh, and those gorgons… yikes…

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 6th Aug, 2017 - 6:03pm

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 336

I think we should run like hell once the north is clear. We beat the dragon but how much damage was done it to by ballista and militia archers which we are now lacking? One other thing was the shields. They ensured that we would take half damage from his breath at the most. Without all of that that fight would have been much different.

Another factor is that we were at full strength when we battled Leninthon. Oswald is out of spell slots, Geoffroy has used up at least half of his as has Lia. Not to mention that the devil is probably immune to fire which are Poppo's and Geoffroy 's big attacks. Lia only has one lighting bolt left. It would come down pretty much to the melee characters without much magical support or healing. Lia will scream at people to retreat. We will see what happens I suppose.

This isn't a boss battle where we can win and take time off. We are in hostile territory. I feel that it would be unwise to commit all of our resources into this battle. We would be terribly weakened against any other foes we might encounter.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Aug, 2017 - 6:33pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.