Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 337 of 948

Thomas, this would indeed be one possible - Page 337 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
6th Aug, 2017 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 337

The Quiet Shadow says...

Quick question before posting is did the Radiance of Dawn affect only the devil, was there not any of the duergar within 30 ft? I was kind of hoping that it would deal a least a bit of damage to others.

Also, I agree that we should probably retreat at this point. Especially since one of out own has already been taken down or at least he had, and if we don't get him patched up the character may be lost..

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Aug, 2017 - 7:13pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah it's not even the devil vs our full party that I fear, it's the time it takes. If that shield drops it's probably a TPK vs the gorgons, dwarves, and whatever caster summoned a devil. I've used all sorcery points and most of my spell slot power. The Dungeon Master has given us several clues that the shield can fall at any time, including last turn when Silas took damage and it almost fell.

For those that want to fight it, I'm not totally opposed, but I think we should used ranged attack and kite it North a little. At least we won't get trampled by gorgons the instant the shield caves. We'd have some distance between us, at least. Not sure that works with Silas, though.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poppo's all for leaving. We've used up a lot of good firepower and there is more to come if we don't leave.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 337 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I agree that we should be ready to double-time away. But we need to keep Silas free from that thing. I have no idea what sort of movement Silas has in this form. Poljen however is fast, can do a Bonus Dash, and has taken no damage whatsoever. So having him be the last to start running makes sense to me.

6th Aug, 2017 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well then, let's find a way of heading out.

Hmm, perhaps this could be the excuse I am looking for. Geoffroy can tell everyone else to retreat and he stays behind with Silas to help keep everything coming at the Silver Blaze at bay.

More likely then not Geoffrey won't be able to last against the devil or gorgans and force him to leave the campaign a bit so I can try another character. Just, maybe not by death but simply make it so that he can come back later when the time is right and I am ready to go back.

Admittedly, his sister would probably want to go with him as he heals up or whatever needs to be done is taken care off… just a thought, since I was considering such earlier. That and it would allow me to focus on just one character instead of one and a half.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:17pm

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound? If every individual in the party initiates on being the last to flee, is there any retreat at all? wink.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 337

Cinder,

I understand what you wrote but Fay is committed now. He even used some of his luck. A gentle arm tug isn't going to stop him and I'd ask the Dungeon Master not to consider it might. He saw a threat to the group and he reacted. He'll back off if we all start to retreat, but that's about the only way. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how fast these creatures are? I'm afraid if we run it'll catch us and eventually the dwarves and pets will too. Maybe this is one time we need to finish the job… maybe. And yes, that's a dangerous course of action, especially with Cratol effectively out.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 337

Thomas, this would indeed be one possible exit point for Geoffroy if you wish it.

The breath weapon of a Gorgon petrifies if the victim fails two saves in a row. Petrification does not automatically mean death, but the party currently lacks the means to turn the resulting statue back into flesh and blood. Silas would pretty much have to haul the Geoffroy statue back to Waterdeep or another major city to get him restored, and Elyria would likely join them. It would be quite some time before a reunion would be possible.

If that is a path you wish to take, I suggest getting started on your interim character.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Aug, 2017 - 9:47pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.