Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 339 of 948

I'm really not very happy with all - Page 339 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2017 - 2:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 339

KN, you don't have to worry about Oswald coming with you; I'm already past the Dwarves and checking out the corridor ahead. Retreat is already in full action.

Geoffroy, who are you attacking? Hopefully not the devil, which we were told not to use fire on?

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 6th Aug, 2017 - 11:48pm

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2017 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Shoot, I wonder if it is too late to figure out different spells or actions in what I am having Geoffroy do. What was the issue with fire again? Even if it just serves as a distraction it is something, just as long as it doesn't like make it stronger or something along those lines.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Aug, 2017 - 11:55pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Might as well put on the teaching cap.

Devils (Which are distinctly not the same thing as Demons in this lore by the by) have some universal properties, one is that they're Defined as Lawful Evil (In the unlikely case one changes alignment to something other than LE, either they cease to exist or they become something other than a devil, depending on who you ask), another property is that they're all utterly immune to fire.

So, no, it won't make the devil stronger, but it is a waste of an action and/or spell slot.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:13am

7th Aug, 2017 - 12:16am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 339 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well… then I guess have him attack any duergar that might still be in the way of the others or something. I really don't have any other damage spells. Either that, or maybe use the Command spell on a few duergar.

... Or perhaps we could have it that Geoffroy forgot as well, though it wouldn't be the way I would like him to give a "Last stand" of sorts to save his companions and allow them to make a retreat.

There is Beacon of Hope, though I am not certain how useful it might be… though honestly, it couldn't hurt. For the duration providing advantage on Wisdom saving throws and death saving throws, and regains the maximum number of hit points possible from any healing.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:16am

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

First of all, I did not say Poljen would not flee. Just that he is probably one of the best to help get Silas clear and still be able to catch up.

Second, that second die roll for the critical damage was most likely not enough to drop the duergar with the first hit, so he won't be attacking even if it drops with his second shot. Poljen basically wants the Force Wal to stay up and keep the third wave with gorgons at bay while they fall back. Heck, if Poppo banishes the devil, even better! Then we can all move as far as we can until Silas is unable to hold the wall… unless he can keep it up behind us as we fall back, sort of a moving wall keeping us covered. That would be cool, huh?

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do not forget they were trying to herd us down that western path. I wonder if all the fighting drew the attention of whatever was down that path? We may need to get out of here before it shows up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 339

Yeah lots of interesting variables still in play. Very good dungeon here Dungeon Master! Will be curious to see how it all plays out but too busy eagerly awaiting each round of posts to want it to be over yet. We'll see if Fay has 'retreat' in his vocabulary! wink.gif.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 339

I'm really not very happy with all the negativity aimed at Fay. Fay declared an action. Knowing what he knew it was the right action. I also said Fay would retreat, just not after he declared his action this round. I expressed my own doubts about this action. That's Ninja the player speaking. When I say I that is what it usually means.

If Geoffroy call for a retreat Fay may, or maybe he won't now and he'll just go down fighting because Ninja the player is well nigh sick and tired of the negative crap I thought we said was going to end. Snide remarks aimed at one character and one alone. But if it isn't let me know and Fay can play that game too, or just stay here and play rear guard.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.