Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 35 of 948

Hmm, that could lead for good and interesting - Page 35 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jan, 2017 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
25th Jan, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 35

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Ok, that sounds fine. And you're right, Sar'ai wouldn't push too hard on the chest issue as to not come across as untrustworthy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I don't have much time right now to do anything more with it Thomaslee. Your idea sounds great. Lia can start it off. Let the grieving women share memories etc. Then Geoffroy can speak and can call upon Lathander to consume their bodies and raise up their spirits. You can post it all if you want or I can post Lia's words later then you can finish the ceremony. It's fine with me either way.

25th Jan, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

My thoughts is that we couldn't have the ceremony generally divided into two, four counting the Dungeon Master, and however many more with the other players.

Where you could have your post be Lia giving her part of the ceremony, with the Dungeon Master posting what the NPCs part, and then I do the same for Geoffroy and his part of the ceremony. From there, working together, we should I feel create something pretty memorable.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Jan, 2017 - 8:36pm

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 35 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas, I won't have time to post anything very good until late tomorrow probably. We might should just go ahead and just summarize the ceremony. Otherwise we are holding up the whole party. We are basically done here once it is all loaded up.

Ok group, our characters have been adventuring together for some time in the Silver Blaze. They would have already worked this out. We haven't really discussed it. Two points. One, we have no leader. This isn't an issue now but once we are on our own away from Sir Onthar it will be. A group like this needs a leader. Otherwise it has no focus during dangerous situations. We wouldn't function well as a group with no leader. That's my opinion anyways. Second point. Treasure and magic items. Are we splitting all the treasure we find between us? How about magic items? Or is it every man or woman for themselves? This is an important point as well. I want to know so Lia can act accordingly.

25th Jan, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

We could hold off on the ceremony just for the time being, and find a few other things to do before that time. If I could I'd very much like to wait before we can do this right, if the others are willing and we can just consider other details that we could do until tomorrow.

Is everyone else okay with this? If we could possibly do so, I would very much like our characters to be able to pull this off and I am more than happy to have something we figured out until we can actually do this ceremony.

When it come to the leadership role, again Geoffroy would be willing but only if ask. I really don't know the characters quite as well or how they've done an important situations to decide who might be the best leader, again I'm okay with whoever is chosen.

I will agree that we definitely need a leader, someone will need to step forward. Also figuring out a better strategy in positions and roles during battle would also be important, though I admit it is still a learning experience on how best to use Geoffroy in battle.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Jan, 2017 - 11:09pm

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There is in game time prior to the funeral. If you wish to hold off on that event, this may be a good time for people to come together, RP some more, and discuss the items and information discovered recently.

In regards to a leader, Cahleth has been stepping into that role fairly well. Geoffroy or Lia might also be good choices. The others are… not tactically minded, rather on the quiet side, and/or wrapped up in their own motivations more than the group's. I mean no offense of course, just offering my two cents on what I've observed.

For loot, you're free to handle it as you like, but I suggest that useful gear simply goes to whomever can make the most use of it. Found funds, including proceeds of items sold off, gets split among the group, possibly with some percentage held in reserve for group purchases. There are almost no situations in which someone can truly claim they acquired something on their own, the group got them there at the very least.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2017 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 35

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen is definitely not a leader type, and he will generally follow the direction of whomever the group chooses. However, he is probably going to be dissatisfied with most options: Cahleth because of his association with the Harpers since Onwen would suggest that his primary loyalty would be to the Harpers rather than the Blaze (Never mind the fact that Onwen's primary loyalty doesn't really belong with the Blaze either, but rather to his dead love).

Onwen would chafe under Goeffroy's leadership because of the cleric's noble background not to mention Onwen's bitterness toward the gods which also puts Lia under scrutiny as well. On the other hand Onwen would probably keep this dissatisfaction hidden, only presenting itself in the occasional snide comment or criticism (Especially if Geoffroy were in charge and made a mistake of some kind; Onwen would be all over that). If forced to choose between the three he would probably back Cahleth in the end though seeing him as the lesser of the three "Evils" (I mean at least he's not a nobleman or overtly faithful to gods that Onwen doesn't trust or care for).

25th Jan, 2017 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 35

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, that could lead for good and interesting roleplay opportunities if perhaps challenging as well.

In the case of Geoffrey, as long as the party necromancy didn't do something blatantly against what what the cleric believes in or is against the interests of the party, he would go out of his way to try and prove that he wasn't just like every other noble and may try to see if he can convince Onwen to give at least a few of the gods or goddess a second chance. Perhaps, if it is learned the necromancer's true motivations, the cleric could even help offer a different path in bringing back the man's lost wife.

Yes, also it could even work him being quick to get on Geoffroy if the cleric makes a mistake and would late least admit his error after it is pointed out by others if he doesn't realize it himself before others say anything.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jan, 2017 - 12:06am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.