Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 341 of 948

Oh, right, never detailed that bit. It grants - Page 341 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 341

Yeah, that was a big debate I had when choosing my multiclass. Paladins are not proficient in Con saves. Boo. Everything else suggested going base Pally with the rest Sorcerer though. It was the single biggest sacrifice in my build, I think (Well that and multiple attacks). Velon thus has +4 to con saves. He gets advantage to maintain concentration, but not versus this petrify.

Yeah having the petrify fail on Poljen a couple of times would be pretty ideal, but someone else could certainly take it. We'll need big 'ol Poljen to carry any other petrified party members out of this place! smile.gif.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay, I'm honestly surprised to see my name dropped in regards to people who have wronged you. I honestly don't recall any 'whispering' that I've done, and I know for certain that I've never done anything here with malicious intent.

If it is something that my character said, it would have been done in character.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 7th Aug, 2017 - 8:30pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

KN, bad news about Cratol. Levels of exhaustion aren't removed with a short rest. It takes a long rest to remove one level so it will take him two good nights of sleep to get back to normal. It makes going to zero hitpoints have more consequence than just popping back up like a whack a mole.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:46pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 341 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ash, I plan on going with Reckless Attack, since we need the thing to go down quickly, and Poljen has taken no damage thus far. But for the first round, if he is able to shoot with the bow, then he would gratefully accept Help for that round.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That is fi e with me. He is up close to normal health so he will be good to go yet. Just didn't know what was going to happen in battle.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Paul, as far as I understand your Reckless Attack gives you advantage, so I'll use my Help action on your first bow attack and then on whoever else chooses to engage the thing in melee.

But here's a valid point from Daishain: if one of us gets petrified, will it force the rest of the group to stay till the bitter end THEN lug one or more stone statues up the well back to Waterdeep ? Or shouldn't we just choose the course of wise retreat and all leg it down the hallway northward ?

Or maybe some of us can go up ahead and prepare some sort of dispositive to trap/slow the beast down if it chooses to follow us ?

In any case, that "Bad cow breath" should not be underestimated… and that's voicing my own opinion as well as my character's, here !

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 8th Aug, 2017 - 12:25am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 341

Ash, that is totally correct. Reckless only works for melee, so if there is a round or two of him using the bow, Help will be most beneficial.

And if someone gets petrified, maybe we can carry them out of the tunnels to the edge of the swamp. Then we can have Silas change back to his normal form and fly them back to safety, for Restoration, etc. His plan was to separate from us at that point anyway, if I recall. If more than one of us succumb, well, let's burn that bridge if we come to it.

So yeah, if everyone wants Poljen in the thing's face as much as possible, he'll wear the necklace. Daisahin, can you confirm the effects of the necklace please?

Regardless, I don't think we can simply outrun them. The wall is about to come down, and they'll be itching for revenge…

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:16am

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 341

Oh, right, never detailed that bit. It grants advantage on saves vs paralyzation, petrification, stun effects, and charm effects.

In any case, I'll update tomorrow. Couple of things going on in the background.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.