Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 37 of 948

Sar'ai's distaste for those - Page 37 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jan, 2017 - 3:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 37

It is amusing about Cratol. I think he fell asleep *smile* Lia's personality is coming out differently in reaction to the events than I planned. I was going to have her be the calm, unflappable wood elf. She feels like she is one of the few sane ones in the group and is very frustrated. Getting this group to decide something is like herding cats. I feel like I'm channeling Nynaeve Al'Maera. If her hair was braided she would be tugging it for sure *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2017 - 4:19am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Would she considered Geoffroy among the sane or one of the cats seemingly impossible to herd? Given that had been your consideration, it's interesting to see that least in this situation it him keeping calm given the discussion. Though I'd probably still have the Morninglord go check on her at some point after things if hopefully been decided.

Once the current deliberations finish up on who should be the leader, if such is actially decided, we can begin considering the ceremony between him an Lia.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Jan, 2017 - 4:20am

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

She considers Geoffroy one of the sane ones. It's tough because so many of the group are loners and don't want a leader. It's hard to pull a group like that together.

I thought the same Thomaslee. I was going to wait to begin posting about the ceremony until the debate is over. Once he joins her they can depart to begin the service.

27th Jan, 2017 - 4:46am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Page 37 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

When you look at it, even though it has taken up some time, there really hasn't been a great deal of discussion among the characters about it; it may feel like it's taking forever but in game time your probably only looking at a conversation that has been going on for a few minutes rather than a long drawn out debate on the subject. It would seem people are already getting frustrated, but the discussion has only just started really.

The downside of trying to decide these things democratically I suppose. This is one of the reasons why I had an NPC appoint the leader in the game I'm running; to avoid the fuss. My suggestion, in order to get things going again, would be to have the candidates make some form of opposed ability or skill check (Maybe charisma) and the Dungeon Master can use the results to adjudicate which one presented the more convincing argument and was ultimately elected leader. Just a suggestion though, if the players would rather continue the debate I'm good with that too.

27th Jan, 2017 - 4:58am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'm sure it will work out fine whatever the results, then I can go to the real fun. Something I've been looking forward I first thought of it.

Still, I'm definitely not one of those who feel frustrated though I am sure others might be. I'm actually enjoying the discussion/debate and while there was a lot to go over and I worry a bit that I had Geoffroy say too much, I am personally pleased with the results of my post.

We could decide the outcome with a roll, if that is what everyone else wants I'm okay with such, though if we could I would like to see where this goes though I can understand others not wanting to waste too much time.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:19am

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Up to you guys. I'd be inclined to let it play out at least a little more. I see it as an excellent opportunity to flesh out character motivations. Just remember that you ultimately do want to work together tongue.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 37

It is interesting. I'm not frustrated as a player. Lia is very frustrated though. She doesn't think Cahleth would be a good leader. She wants Geoffroy or Sar'ai. Sar'ai complained because she mentioned another cleric. Then when Lia mentioned her she didn't want it. That irritated Lia. There aren't very many in the group that are really suitable to be leader as Daishain said before. In game it hasn't taken very long as Aeric mentioned. It just drags out waiting for everyone to post responses etc. I'm enjoying it though.

27th Jan, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 37

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai's distaste for those who act "On behalf of their god" stems from her being shunned from the priesthood of Lolth as she is not full drow and may have left a sourness in her view off all clergy.
I will say, if the topic of the trinket depicting the symbol of Mask were to come to her attention, there might be a little bit of hypocrisy revealed in Sar'ai's belief structure…
smile.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.