Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 39 of 948

I do hope you mean 'appearance,' - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jan, 2017 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 39

I don't find a roll inspiring either. If you're going to choose someone, it ought to be a real decision. But perhaps the time is not right for that.

In regards to the question of what the Blaze did before now, perhaps they did have a leader, and he died on your mission to deal with that Necromancer, or for some other reason left the group.

It could also be that you only really came together as a group after that event. Before it was more a matter of people banding together to deal with a threat. You came up with a plan together, executed it, and then decided to organize as a proper band in time for the current mission.

Just a few thoughts.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I like the last thought. We were just traveling and adventuring together but never made ourselves as a formal band until just recently. Thus we have not really had the time to think of who will be our front man/woman, our main point of contact, or a face to go with the name.

29th Jan, 2017 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

I too prefer the second choice, perhaps something formal hadn't been worked out until recently with the deciding on the name of the group and nor who should lead it. It makes the most sense, especially since at least a few would probably want that worked out not long after officially becoming a group and deciding to travel together on a more permanent basis.

Geoffroy would prefer a decision being made, but is willing to wait for such and even suggesting that perhaps they see themselves a few more battles or challenges before the party decides on who should lead when such is needed.

Of note, though I am not sure how well I can use sure, I actually own the Art of War so at least providing the appearances of strategy as we use the mechanics of our characters in battles can be made. Though admittedly, this is only if Geoffroy becomes leader perhaps and even if we can put to use the book.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jan, 2017 - 2:28pm

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 39 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay everyone,
Just to make my introduction Out Of Character first:

Nyzahr should make something of a sensational appearance during the funeral (At least I intend her to do so). If you all take the time to read through her history and motivations, you'll see she's already had previous experience with mourning and especially funerals.

Her approach to the ceremony will probably be a little off-beat (Especially to our two clerics, who have focussed on limiting and appeasing the pain and loss endured by the family and friends of the deceased). Let's call it a shock treatment of sorts…

Nevertheless, her intentions are not malign in the least: in a way, she provides her own brand of pain management through a very dramatic process of catharsis, rather than through comforting words and soft gestures.

On another note, here is my two-bits as far as the dynamics of the group, as they seem to be presently (And only as far as I can tell from reading the last 6 or 7 pages of posts, both here and on main thread):

- the fact the Silver Blaze is a new formed group seems to me the best and most plausible option for good roleplay, as the cohesion, motives and history of the group are still a bit hazy since they weren't included into the characters' respective backgrounds and individual motivations.

- a common goal and unified trust (Or at least the acceptance of the need for an alliance and the nurturing of an efficient work strategy as a group, even if the focus wavers at times) should emerge rapidly through the coming ordeals. Either that, or the group could be hard put to make it through the campaign, or even go straight off-track, right ?

Time should provide the needed "Glue" for our little enterprise… but of course the selfish tendencies of most characters may very well slow down this process… or make it interesting, to say the least !

Looking forward to the game,

Ash.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 29th Jan, 2017 - 5:40pm

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

This should be interesting. I wonder how the grieving women will respond to her since it will be so unusual and she is a Tiefling after all. I don't know how Lia will respond to her *smile*.

Daishain, how much time passed while all of this was going on? I ask because Lia was trying to get her 4 hour trance in. Did she have time to complete it?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Jan, 2017 - 9:51pm

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hmm, no I don't think so, it was already late afternoon when you arrived here. Sticking a four hour period in there would likely push everyone else getting to bed all the way back to midnight or so, not good with one last long day of travel ahead.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2017 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 39

So it is: the cursed Chanter has made her apparition and brought discomfort along with healing in a shocking way to the denizens of the living.

Not sure this is necessary, but here comes a roll for Performance, just in case…

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2017 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

I do hope you mean 'appearance,' and not 'apparition.' Because if so, that is a whole different kettle of fish.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.