Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 401 of 948

Plus, this was a plan discussed and debated - Page 401 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Sep, 2017 - 1:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 401

No, I thought the same thing. Which is why I asked about where that other tower was. I thought that thing might be a transport device rather than a spy device. But then I figured I was overthinking things and let it pass. Now that two of us think this…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Speaking of the tower you saw, it has been a while, so a free reminder. Silas warned you of such a place before, and it is marked on your map. I forget the exact wording, but he said that if you spotted an island of green in the swamps with a tower, to avoid the place. Magic is wild there, and it is quite dangerous to approach. Presuming what you saw is the same thing, it is about thirty miles south by southwest of this location.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oh, why didn't you say so. We should go there. It sounds like a great spot for a vacay. Fay's vote is a trip 30 miles south by southwest! wink.gif.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 401 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

This embedded dice roller ends up with the strangest results. Fay goes 2 for 2 with natural 20's then Poljen makes two sets of rolls. Each set has a critical failure and a 19. I never see rolls like that with actual dice or very seldom. It happens frequently with this site roller. Maybe it's just me though.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2017 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Reminder for Zarra's sake, a group was put aside to look for the mask before the gate was taken. Fay and Jack are doing that now. They just weren't lucky enough to find the mask before the alarm.

29th Sep, 2017 - 3:32am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, fair enough. It was a detail I forgot, little one consideration I could still be offered is that once the lizardman hostages had been rescue the focus would adjust to be focused on finding the mask first before then opening the gate or doing anything else apart from taking out any guards or occultists in the way.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Sep, 2017 - 3:35am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2017 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 401

We are trying to make sure the enemy resistance is broken before we focus on finding the mask. The best way to find it is to split the main group into multiple small groups but if a small group runs into a large enemy group they might be wiped out. We want to make sure that won't be an issue. Fay and Jack have been looking for the mask for some time already. We opened the gate first to allow dozens of lizardfolk allies into the keep. They can do most of the hard work for us that way.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Sep, 2017 - 5:22am

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2017 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 401

Plus, this was a plan discussed and debated in great detail hours ago in game and probably a couple of weeks ago out of game. Why are we debating it again now?

One big influence on the plan was Snapjaw, who suggested they get their people out, take the gate, then look for the mask. Our party emphasized to Snapjaw that no one should be allowed to leave this keep to ensure the mask would not slip away. It still could, of course, via secret passages, magical means, or whatever else the Dungeon Master chooses. If that happens it would all seem part of the Dungeon Master's design for me, having created Snapjaw and the secret way out, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

The size of the stealthed search party was determined by the number of people Poppo could make invisible, so we took his suggestion and went with a small, almost impossible to catch silent and invisible squad. Anything larger and the search party would a) no longer be invisible and b) no longer be magically silenced. Also, too large of a search party would mean a smaller main party, a group which did intend to do some fighting during this time. We may have had to fight 30 guards or a big boss to get into the gatehouse, so potentially needed everyone we could get.

Lastly, if Snapjaw is not to be trusted Zarra probably shouldn't have just recently been the first person to announce in his presence what exactly we are looking for. We had all been intentionally vague until just moments ago (In game).

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.