Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 404 of 948

Daishain, I did take her Special Detection - Page 404 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Sep, 2017 - 7:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 404

Ash,

Fay is nothing if not rash!

Daishain,

See Fay's action posted no. If that mask is metal and Fay can tell it is metal he'll cast heat metal on it. Otherwise, he goes with the bow. But his first choice would be to sear it off of her face and then hope Jack can get through one of the doors and retrieve it while they follow Fay up the stairs.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It doesn't look like metal, at least not from here. I'll make an update relatively shortly.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

RGR, in that case Fay is going to go with the the crossbow and shoot the shorter and slimmer one in her back. Hopefully it is enough of a surprise that he gets a free action before they respond. Are either of the other two wearing armor?

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:18pm

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 404 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yup, rash indeed…

Daishain, in term of game mechanics, what would be necessary for Jack to run under the cover of invisibility, grab the mask from Rezmir's face and keep legging it down the hallway? Are we talking grapple here, or a simple attack roll? Looks like things just got a lot more interesting with absolutely no warning.

Needless to say, if they get out of this alive, Fay's gonna have some serious explaining to do: Jack is less than impressed by that the bard's impulsive performance.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:34pm

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, such is the life of Fay. He is sometimes quite rash. But sometimes there isn't time for planning. Plus, I want to see Lia's reaction to Jack when she sees her son's dead body. If I were Jack I would start praying she uses all the lighting in that wand! Also, I have to play Fay how I picture him. You'll note, in KN's game, my character there is nothing like this nothing like this.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hmm, good question Ash. They don't have rules for such an action.

I think I would run it as if it were a disarm attempt. That would make it your attack roll, contested by their athletics or acrobatics.

Bear in mind, the group would have told jack by now about their encounter with Cyanwrath. He effortlessly pointed out Poljen when he got close, in spite of the big guy being under an invisibility spell. It is presumable that this woman has a similar ability.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:40pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 404

Which is why Jack should wait and try to get behind her. See if they follow Fay at least. From behind and completely quiet you should have advantage.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 30th Sep, 2017 - 6:45pm

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 404

Daishain, I did take her Special Detection abilities into account, I just figured Jack could take advantage of her attention being distracted after being hit by Fay's bolt, run up to her at full speed, snatch the mask (Therefore becoming visible), then use the rest of his move action to get as far away from them as possible in the opposite direction as the one Fay took (Counting on Jack's rogue dash abilities after this point, and hoping no other enemies stand between him and the exit)... Which is a fairly long shot, I'll admit.

The other option, remaining DISCREETLY hidden, is also less likely to be executed properly now that they've been made aware they're under attack.

But let's see how this turns out, although I'd say a crossbow-wielding bard appearing out of thin air isn't likely to render them less cautious about being followed. *sighs*.

P.s: this is turning into a real riot. As frustrated as Jack is about his plans going awry, I can't really blame Fay for being such a kamikaze, even though it may compromise things to an unknown extent… After all, that anecdote of Poljen becoming invisible also reminded me of another somewhat unpredictable Tiefling Bard. Maybe goes with the trade? *chuckles*.

P.p.s: Ninja, not sure how effective Jack sneaking would be on a creature that can smell him coming (Half-dragons do have blindsight, as Daishain just mentionned).

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 30th Sep, 2017 - 7:20pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.