Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 413 of 948

Cinder, warding bond is no longer active for - Page 413 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 413

So how does the flinging yourself into a 40 foot fall work? Is it possible to not take damage? I'm just curious. I assumed there was no way out of taking a lot of damage. I would like to know for the future.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Please see my questions for this round a page or two back. Really curious about where Velon is, where the corner stairs are, summoning circle, mage, etc. Before I post.

These walls are quite long and I think it's going to take Velon and his heavy armor quite a long time to get down and over to that opposite corner, much less find those black dragons if he even finds out what he's looking for. There's no way he'll jump as he'd assume he'd shatter his legs in the plate armor.

Jack, just take 'em out will you? Geez.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Right Velon. Jack was paid good money to come on this mission. Now is where he earns his keep *wink*.

2nd Oct, 2017 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 413 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well that is what the Acrobatics roll is for, Zarra grabbing onto things slow her down or swing from. Also, consideration of how one falls and distributes the weight with that of the momentum of the fall. Perhaps even rolling as one hits the ground.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Oct, 2017 - 7:43pm

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You know that's a VERY good point. Jack where exactly IS that money? Velon could hold it for you while you take them on. I mean, I'm sure you can solo that trio, but I wouldn't want them to pick your pockets! Jack is quick, come on up to the top of the wall quickly and hand it over!

PS. Was thinking the other day… if we get to loot this place and aren't fleeing for our lives, we really should make sure to find the pair of sending stones (Or buy some later). The group could really benefit if they need to split up as they have in this case.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Don't worry, Jack won't be alone for long; he'll have his partner in crime (Literally) with him soon.

Then we'll see how these brave rogues handle a serious fight. My guest? I expect to be rolling a new character soon. *laugh*.

Jack will be fine, thankfully my bad luck at times like this has never gotten anyone else killed. *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 413

I'm running a bit behind today, thank you all for your patience.

Replying to: Cinder No, the map is not quite up to date, I'll fix that along with the next main post update. For the beginning of this round the main group is about halfway in between their current position (As displayed by the out of date map) and the NW corner.

You can hear Lia, and go ahead and assume you hear her in time to react accordingly on your turn. Talking is a free action after all tongue.gif

Yes, the summoning circle is in between you and the stairs entry.

In regards to the question of reducing falling damage. There is no RAW means to do so with an Athletics or Acrobatics check. However, in honor of that being a thing in previous editions, I will allow it. For every 10 on the resulting Athl/Acro check, you can reduce the effective fall distance by 10. As it does make sense for armor to be problematic, I am going to say that heavy armor induces disadvantage on this check. (Sorry Velon) For reference, every 10 feet incurs 1d6 damage, and we're talking about a 40' drop.

Main thread update in an hour or two.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Oct, 2017 - 9:46pm

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 413

Cinder, warding bond is no longer active for Velon. Once they are more than 60 feet apart it ends. I thought you might want to know that before you post your next combat actions. Also, I think you are the only character in the group pursuing the mask that has healing abilities still available.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 2nd Oct, 2017 - 11:38pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.