Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 421 of 948

Cinder, Bane will hurt their saving throws - Page 421 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 421

Still waiting on actions from Poppo, Jack, and Zarra. I also have a declared action for Poljen, but no rolls to back it up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It appears as if the second attack is a critical strike, so I will roll the extra damage here.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain, was I correct previously in stating that all strikes against a paralyzed target are critical strikes? I believe everyone attacking the Godslayer should roll [Critical Hit] damage on all hits.

international QUOTE
Paralyzed
A paralyzed creature is incapacitated (See the condition) and can’t move or speak.
The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.
Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.
Any Attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 421 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Considering the situation, I think we wait a while to see if Jack stays down or if he gets up and helps defeat the Godslayer. In any case, he will stick around with the remaining lizardfolk and tend to the wounded once the beast is defeated: way too weak to follow up after Rezmir at this point, I´m afraid… unless someone´s got a radical health trick up their sleeve.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That is indeed correct, with the noted exception of attacks made at range. Paralyzed is not a fun thing to be in this game.

Ash, Jack is free to get up, or play it safe and stay back. Kind of need to know either way.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:31pm

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia has three slots left and her domain power to heal with. She can get the party mostly healed up. That is if she can survive her current situation. We would then have almost no healing left to fall back on but I think we can take her.

Ash, Jack very well might want to stay down. That poison attack doesn't allow any healing benefits for one minute. So the healing hands from Velon brought Jack back but he sits at either zero or one hit point. One good blow would finish him for good until he gets more healing.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:46pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 421

Yes good advice in taking Hold Person during character creation from you Daishain. I've been tempted to use it before this, but thought the opponent might have higher Wisdom and just pass the save, wasting my turn and spell slot.

Perhaps the stone giant would have failed Wisdom save, or perhaps it was immune to such thing. I'm sure many boss types are in one way or another. I bet Rezmir would save.

Great spell, the only drawback being failing as described above and that there's not a lot one could do to influence the result. You aren't rolling so there's no advantage or anything, and even Hex won't mess with an enemies saving throws. Hm, something must… (Strokes chin thinking…).

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2017 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 421

Cinder, Bane will hurt their saving throws *smile* It would be very effective for one of the other characters to throw bane out first before Velon casts Hold Person. Lia has used it some but it's only really useful in boss battles like this.

Paul, don't you roll all your damage dice again for a [Critical Hit]? Not just the base die. That's my understanding of the rule.

Daishain, Thomas posted for two turns with Zarra. The first turn was casting true strike then she rolled for dagger attacks. He rolled for damage for two attacks which is perfect for the [Critical Hit] damage.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Oct, 2017 - 9:02pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.