Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 445 of 948

Okay, so what's the move guys? I presume - Page 445 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Oct, 2017 - 2:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
27th Oct, 2017 - 4:09am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 445

The Quiet Shadow says...

Still, even if the guards aren't that tough our focus is to get the mask and in killing Rezmir. We do this and it cuts off the head of this particular threat, the guards, cultists, and even the treasure in of lesser importance. If we attack, it gives away our presents and the element of surprise… yet if we wait and then filtrate the flying Castle will be more likely to get what we are here for.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2017 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, one last question about the layout. Assuming the thing does not spin about before landing, will the cave be facing the area where everyone is gathered to watch it arrive? Or will it be hidden from view? I ask because climbing the walls leaves us exposed longer. Cratol might be a good climber, and Poljen will be as well. But not everyone is, and inevitably someone will roll poorly.

Having the option of scrambling into the cave might be good. Maybe it is dangerous, but so is climbing in the open. It might be easier of some can mingle with the bad guys and help load the treasure aboard. Poljen might be tall, but I bet some of the guards are of a similar height. The big problem is Rezmir got a very good look at him.

As usual, it is up to the team leader to make the final call. Velon can split us into different groups to try different tactics. Or he can keep us together and do one thing.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2017 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If the stairs up to the lower courtyard are at the 12o'clock position, the cave is at 7. You can't confirm this in character quite yet, but the stairs will be set down facing the village.

So long story short, the approach to the cave will not be in view.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2017 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 445 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

See, as a player I couldn’t see a problem with a good group wiping out 60plus 1or 2nd level grunts, but add a dozen tougher opponents and it’d be unlikely we’d have anything left to take out the castle opponents or the half drag. If we had the opportunity, we could ambush smaller groups and such, but we don’t. As a character, I don’t know enough about the forces arrayed against us to judge even slightly our chances. Velon can bear the responsibility of which route we take.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2017 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, The description for Fire Bolt says that the caster hurls a 'mote of fire'. How conspicuous is a 'mote', and could a caster do a fire and forget with it? Does it require sight on the target during it's travel or just on launch? The reason I'm asking is in case we want to have a distraction, and not reveal our location.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2017 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'd have to say it is fairly conspicuous, especially at night. We are talking about hurling a bit of flame potent enough to cause serious burn injuries. A little spark wouldn't cut it.

No, you do not have to keep the firebolt on target once launched, and would be perfectly capable of dashing off the instant it leaves your fingers. However, given context, its flight time for the most part is presumably less than a second, which makes taking advantage of that delay a little difficult.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Oct, 2017 - 3:46am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 445

The Quiet Shadow says...

I made a post in my Introduction about my activity for tomorrow, my friend who'd like to check it out.

Honestly makes me a bit nervous of what's going to be happening next, wanting Zarra to be available and in helping complete the mission. Still, I will do what I can. For now though I'll let others take the lead, playing a bit more supportively.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2017 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 445

Okay, so what's the move guys? I presume that you're not going to just stand out there in the open until the castle takes off. Spoiler alert, but someone is eventually going to wander by.

I'll update you on what the familiar sees as soon as you get moving.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Oct, 2017 - 2:33am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.