Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 451 of 948

IMO, for Velon to Message Zarra and basically - Page 451 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Nov, 2017 - 5:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
7th Nov, 2017 - 2:15am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 451

The Protector. says...

Just confirming, with regards to Warlock spells I require a voice at the bare minimum. In other words be able to speak out loud. The Paladins powers of Bane, Hunters mark require melee combat likewise require the voice.

So with the characters present predicament, that only leaves telepathic communication with his familiar, Amabalis to be available.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Nov, 2017 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Having hands and mouth bound does pretty much eliminate the possibility of spellcasting, hence why they did it.

Incidentally, to confirm whether or not you can cast a particular spell, check its description. There are three kinds of spell components, Vocal, Somatic, and Material (Listed simply as V,S M). Vocal, go figure, requires your voice. Somatic just requires a free hand. Material requires a free hand to grab a focus or a special material.

Not all spells require a vocal component, but those that do not will have at least one of the other two. So, yes, options are limited for the moment.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Nov, 2017 - 2:27am

7th Nov, 2017 - 2:45am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

Unless I can free my mouth, I would be able to use Dimension door, Dragonborn shout: Lightning 5x30 ft (Dexterity save).
I can use the lay of hands on self, and heal hit points equal to 3rd level Paladin, without sight?

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2017 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 451 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, you did this before, apparently I failed to make it clear.

Spell level and class level are not the same thing. Dungeons & Dragons really should not have used the same word for both.

Dimension Door is a fourth level spell. That does not mean it is available at class level four. A Warlock does not get access to 4th level spells until they reach Warlock level 7. A Paladin does not get access to 4th level spells until Paladin level 13.

In any case, yes, Lay on hands should work just fine in regards to healing yourself.

Speaking of which, I'm going to say that your current HP level is 20, you took a beating on your way to your current abode.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Nov, 2017 - 2:56am

7th Nov, 2017 - 5:32am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

What about the Dragonborn shout ability I should be able to use that if I can speak/shout?

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2017 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm going to say that technically speaking you can still use it, but while your muzzle is bound shut, you won't do much more than electrocute the interior of your mouth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 451

international QUOTE
From Gknightbc / Lawrance
Out of Character: : Hey, it's part of playing LG and considering the other players alignments, is something that's going to keep coming up often. Nasty things happen, when Paladin's drop out of Paladin-hood, though! "

From Thomas
"Out of Character: You're fine, it may not have even been much of an issue or that there was risk to your character falling. I'm basing what I had Zarra say/do on the fact that if I was a player if a paladin or the Dungeon Master, there would be some concern or question on whether killing a defenseless man might be an issue for a paladin… Even if they may be evil."

Yes indeed. I don't truly mind as story and role-play are my favorite parts even more than combat mechanics and build. It's more that Velon has been heavily involved in everything lately and I don't want you guys to get annoyed with that as players. Luckily I truly think his attitude would be to let others do what they do best and shine, so that helps me play it a lot. He's a semi-reluctant leader; honored at the notion and happy to take up whatever role is needed whether it be support, caster, healer, tank, and now leader but not truly seeking power over others or titles. If anyone gets annoyed at his level of involvement lately, please at least know I'm trying to step back whenever possible. Really appreciate your thoughts, everyone. The combination of leadership duties, being the only high Charisma character AND having to deal with Paladin LG morality issues probably won't come up all together this often, anyhow.

With regard to oaths and falling, yes that was a concern. Personally my attitude was cut his throat and let's move on, but I had to ponder Velon as a person and his Paladin standing. That's why I PM'd Daishain. Velon hasn't actually taken his level 3 Oath yet either, but still intends to (After I get the bonus fire damage at level 6 Sorcerer, perhaps!) and wants to live that way now, oath or no oath. He wants to live up to what Bahamut, Silas and the gold dragons would expect of him probably most of all.

Thanks! Appreciate the positivity and looking out for Velon guys!

PS. One of my first thoughts was to leave him alive and have Velon Message Zarra and say something like "What you do with him once everyone leaves is not my concern" but that seemed a bit sinister. Velon doesn't really need to be keeping even vague secrets from the group as a LG toon. Would have been fun though! Perhaps a darker character will arise if Velon ever dies, eh? wink.gif.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 451

IMO, for Velon to Message Zarra and basically say 'kill him when I'm not around' would be just as bad to a Paladin's Oath, since you are basically giving permission - or even encouragement - for her to kill him. Just as you said before, condoning it but not having the gumption to do the deed yourself is not a LG action. I still think a harsh disablement would be a more effective way to make a non-combatant out of him! biggrin.gif He could eventually be healed from that. Death is a bit more permanent. Going to a anti-Paladin could be an option, though.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.