Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 457 of 948

Him performing a lightning breath would not - Page 457 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Nov, 2017 - 1:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 457

I can run a few small things without too much problem so long as people keep it reasonable. Let me know what you have in mind.

As to regions, no, there's nothing truly off limits. I would suggest avoiding areas and situations where it would make little sense for you to survive, presumably we know Tazskan did survive, and plot armor only goes so far.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:49pm

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Oh to the dark majesty of Eilistraee, I can't believe that actually worked. Lorairies was actually able to trick the guards into revealing where Rezmir's room was, or at least her location?

That's what I'm getting from the Dungeon Master's most recent post, and I'm actually having trouble believing it.

I'd actually have Zarra react with similar surprise, perhaps even with the expression above, but I'm pretty sure that the drow is nowhere nearby. When she does hear about it though, I can maybe see about working it in.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:56pm

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Check her rolls, she did very well there, and these particular guys were written up from the start as being rather lazy and incompetent. There's a reason they were stuck on night shift in a low security area.

11th Nov, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Page 457 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Do you have a few places on the map, where Dragonborn clans could have existed in the past?

I'm thinking of a place where I could find myself in a tropical jungle, for a Warlock type of side quest.

Perhaps a desert arid area, for a sub plot that is more paladin orientated?

If you could give me a list of some, and I can choose one of them for either subplot.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anronrosby, I'm not opposed to Velon and Tazskan (And Amabal too!) taking a side quest some time once they get to know one another.

Velon has been lucky to have met two gold dragons in the last year of his life, and got to say hello to one of their mates briefly. One of those dragons gave him his powers of sorcery via her raw magical power being transferred upon her death. She also connected him with Bahamut for guidance going forward with said power, thus the Paladin connection. The other dragon is now his mentor and is heavily involved in the current plot. He'd be curious to meet more dragons and has a potential future quest of visiting the lair of his mentor, to which he has been invited. It may be a while before any such side quests happen though unless Daishain has the group take another long break.

He'd potentially join Tazskan in going after an evil dragon, even Arigideos himself, once the current overarching mission is complete.

What is the warlock side of Tazskan devoted to? I skimmed your character sheet and saw the amulet that was found. Is the pact with the patron very similar to his already undertaken Oath of Vengeance? Not sure what influence his warlock patron has over him, but it seems clear that it is not evil in any way.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2017 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dragonborn are pretty rare in this world. The largest concentration of them would in and around Tymanther.

Check the Faerun Map in the game SRD. It doesn't show Tymanther for some reason (I think it was drawn for 3.5e, in which dragonborn do not exist as a race) However, if you look for the largest of those wierd dark patches in the lower right of the map, then to the smoking mountains range to the northeast of that, you're in the right area. Its pretty much all desert, swamp flats, a few volcanos, and a lot of dragons.

As to a jungle adventure, try Chult. Its the only spot on the Faerun map that fits the bill. Fair warning, lots of weird and dangerous stuff there, dinosaurs included.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Nov, 2017 - 6:48am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 457

The Protector. says...

Thanks, Daishain and Cinder I do have some ideas already. Perhaps one that comes to mind, him performing a lightning breath, in front of a Mystic for the first time.

Doesn't sound exciting? But what if all the other students, had acid breath? Then why would he be with a different clan and school in the first place?

I'm thinking of some kind of monastery, or cult learning center for Dragonborn. On top of a high mountain of course.

The location, near the Smoky mountain range.

The Warlock, connection I believe is an interesting one. But it's not about Tazskan turning completely over to the dark, evil side.

What if, Tazskan becomes disappointed, dissatisfied, with his good Paladin side, not able to get revenge?? That he needs to seek a life of solitude? Away from other Dragonborn?

That in his solitude, he discovers that a magical amulet, would give him that edge? He would gain the services of a pseudo dragon, to aid and protect him?

What if this being from another plane, was actually a friend of the lawful good Paladin diety?

But, to get that amulet, and form that pact, he had to go to the jungles of Chult??

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2017 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 457

Him performing a lightning breath would not be particularly surprising. Your scale color effectively announces what element you are associated with.

A great old one is… unlikely to be an ally of bahamut. They tend to fall into the category of weird, alien, and inscrutable. For the most part, they're difficult to call evil, just really really different. But on the other hand, there's a reason lovecraftian type monsters are often used as world ending threats in media.

As a vengeance paladin, you are not restricted from seeking out dark power in order to better fight the greater evil (However you choose to define it). But you would likely avoid entering compacts that likely prevent you from seeking out the greater evil.

Fortunately, a warlock does not necessarily need to obtain a creature's permission to draw on its power, just the right opportunity.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.