Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 486 of 948

We still have this floor to clear too. I am - Page 486 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Nov, 2017 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 486

One thing that bathers me about 5e magic - all the damn concentration spells! Can't do more than one, typically, and almost every spell worth casting needs concentration. Especially protection spells.
Once we get past the 1 minute delay - possibly sooner if Lawrance can use his channel energy trait to pull it our faster - healing will be fine. We can hope for a short rest, maybe, or we can get out of Dodge, as the party decides. I was thinking about a Tiny Hut, butted against the door so no one can get in, and no one can see us. biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:00pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Having so many good spells requiring concentration is frustrating. I'm sure that is the way they balance things out. In 3.5 there was a huge gulf between magic users and non magic users and being able to concentrate on more than one spell was a huge part of that. It does make for some tough choices now.

We can take a short rest or use potions etc and Lawrence's ring for the stored healing. Lora can cast prayer of healing which takes 10 minutes instead of the hour for a short rest. Whatever everyone decides.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:15pm

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

When we went into this fight, I was hoping to shield a couple of us with Prot vs acid, but with the concentration limit it's not possible. It makes a wizard a single-task player for almost anything. During the combat, it was even worse. I had to keep choosing what action to do, hoping it wasn't wasted. Ah, well, at least wizards get more HP this version. biggrin.gif.
We're not actually done rounds until the thug goes down, but yes, I hope we get short rest time.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:17pm

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 486 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Don't forget the bound guy gets another Wisdom save every turn to break free. If you want to be sure he'll be dead before he can cause trouble, someone might want to help the wizard.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but criticals on held opponents can only happen if you are within 5 feet, right? That's why I didn't do crits for my FBs. Otherwise I'll add rolls.
Dai,
What's your stance on Gem use? I'm coming up on my 500, so… smile.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:46pm

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You get advantage to hit regardless, but not the [Critical Hit] unless adjacent.

As to Gems, by all means, buy and enjoy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 486

I am hoping Poljen can finish this guy off, especially since some magic is also heading his way. Then we can see if any further alarm has been raised. I currently envision dragging all corpses into Rezmir's, and if there is a window overlooking the outer wall, we can give them the long drop. Otherwise just stash them.

Then we can heal up and make our next call. I will play it out in the Main Thread, but Poljen will evaluate the group, then advise either leaving immediately, or going further into the castle in an attempt to take it. After all, we still have the scroll for emergency evac. If we go into raid mode, everyone will need to stay within one round's worth of movement to Velon. By the way, that will include clearing the floor below us. We did not check every room…

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 486

We still have this floor to clear too. I am not sure if the stairs go any higher but I would suggest the high ground and work our way to the lower floors.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.