Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 489 of 948

Cinder, that is exactly what happens. I had - Page 489 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 489

Yeah, watch him take up the sword and become an anti-Paladin. Maybe we shouldn't heal him, hm? smile.gif.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

(Laugh), yeah under different circumstances it could be fun to change alignments at some point. Daishain knows I have interest in Warlock spells (Higher spell slot Armor of Agathys anyone?) but it doesn't really fit Velon's story. He'd lose favor with the gold dragons and Silas, probably the favor of the party, etc. It could be fun, and you could somehow be evil but not work against the party, but this probably isn't the place for it.

Apparently I have too much of an interest in the darker side of things (Although never want to play the evil character that is a murder hobo or works to undermine the party.) . In my weekly live game I'll be changing my Fighter 7 to Fighter 3 /Warlock 5 the next time we level to account for the darker interests in magic my fighter has developed during the campaign. I figure this is a good time for it as he can keep the two attacks, maneuvers and other things that define him now without losing too much and pick up some sweet warlock trick to augment his defensive fighting style (ArmorOfA, Fire Shield later, etc.).

I'll get the warlock thing out of my system with a character soon one way or another! wink.gif.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I didn't know it was possible to split your levels into multiclassing during a game. I only thought once you gained a level, you could put that level into the new class, not fully respec.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 489 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh you are right by rule. In that campaign of over a year two of the four players have already said "Hey Dungeon Master, I'm bored with my character, can we kill him and make a new one?" This is hard on the Dungeon Master as things are very story driven and the character backstories are really intertwined in the plot. Instead of creating a new character myself, I just had interest in keeping the same character going but multi-classing into a caster to fit his newfound interest in defensive magic (After getting roasted by fire and other effects too many times). This was hard to do because I wasn't anywhere close to 13 INT or Charisma, so he and I just discussed a complete mechanical rebuild of the character while keeping the same personality, backstory, etc. It's a one time thing just like the other players getting to change characters (Something that people had done in Daishain's campaign here, too).

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While I have played multi classed characters I am enjoying playing a class I have not played a long time to see how it works in the new 5E game. I have to say I am happy on how he is turning out and I think I will not stray from the single class character for a while. I do enjoy seeing what all I can do with him and the gems. Now if he had a share in the ownership of this castle, he would be very happy. Or let someone buy his share of the floating castle away *smile*.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

(Laugh), in a short period Cratol could be whole or part owner in multiple keeps/castles!

Yeah I have made zero progress on this gem thing. I'm probably missing out with regard to the bonuses for Dungeons & Dragons, but I gather it would require spending a great deal more time on this site discussing other topics. If a gem is spent and then a campaign ends, I imagine it is gone forever? Hope no one has spent them on a campaign that ended abruptly soon after! Perhaps you get the benefits in each new campaign, I'm not sure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 489

I'm only a few dozen posts away from qualifying, so I'll let you know how it goes. KN, do you use FP when you activate Gems? The Gems have a per gem cost, so you might be able to activate one gem in one game and a second may need the higher qualifications. You do need more core posts to qualify, either way.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:40pm

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 489

Cinder, that is exactly what happens. I had gems on characters in three other campaigns that ended abruptly. I lost all of those forum points. I wouldn't worry about it with this game. It's been going strong for almost a year and I'm confident that Daishain will see it through.

Multiclassing is fun but it makes me feel like I'm playing with a weakened character. Lora feels much weaker than Lia as a cleric but can do some things that she couldn't. It can get frustrating at times such as in the last battle where I really noticed missing two cleric levels. Losing spell slots and levels hurts. sad.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.