Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 503 of 948

He gets all the spell slots of a third level - Page 503 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
29th Nov, 2017 - 2:02am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 503

The Protector. says...

Can someone please enlighten me with the relationship with spell slots, and spell usage? For example, if I have four spell, slots with a spell in each.
If I use all four, how long can I wait to use again?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Your paladin levels give you three 1st level slots that recharge on a long rest. Your Warlock levels give you two 2nd level slots that recharge of a short rest.

You know 5 Warlock spells, and can prepare 4 Paladin spells. Either category of the previously mentioned spell slots can be spent on any of these nine.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Nov, 2017 - 2:26am

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain, I've looked for Poppo's initiative and I'm not sure what it is for this battle. Does he have a higher initiative than Lora for this battle? I ask because if he went first he would have mentioned about unlocking the door before she made her spell attack. Lora would have worked on the lock if she heard that before her turn.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Nov, 2017 - 3:51am

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 503 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

If I don't have an initiative for someone I've taken to just listing them at init 0 until they correct it.

Turns are supposed to happen pseudo simultaneously, so I'd have been willing to let poppo pass his warning on if you weren't too far ahead, but in this case with init 21 for Lora…

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, just so there's no confusion - because he has both Warlock slots and Paladin slots, he can only use the spells appropriate for each category, correct? He can't use a Paladin spell slot to cast a Warlock spell, and vice versa?

Poppo was too worried about Goliath to be quick *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:33am

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is not correct. He is quite capable of casting Warlock spells with paladin slots and vice versa.

A developer even confirmed multiclass characters like him can fuel Paladin smites with Warlock spell slots.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:34am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 503

Whoa! That changes the effectiveness of multi-class dippers. Does he get the start spell slots of both classes, or is it homogenized?

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 503

He gets all the spell slots of a third level paladin on top of those a fourth level warlock gets, as if taken individually. Same goes for spells known and max spell level.

Warlock is actually an exception in this regard, since their magic works weirdly. Other casting classes stack to determine spell slots, with modifiers for their relative power. For instance, Velon's Sorcerer5/Paladin2 has the spell slots of a level 6 sorcerer (But still only the spells known and spell slots of the individual classes.).

And yes, this edition has definitely made a difference in the old "Thou shalt not lose caster levels" mantra. Though single classed casters still have a leg up on multi-classed ones in some respects.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Nov, 2017 - 4:58am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.