Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 519 of 948

Technically, she's not dead yet, but - Page 519 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 519

I have a feeling that that critical was enough to finish her off. Cratol was not able to see the ending but was glad he was able to help some.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

There are enough reinforcements coming that the giant will go down, and no one will die. But it was damn close.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A lousy 1 for the critical damage… I guess I got greedy. Serves me right… but I am hoping the rest of the damage does the trick!

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 519 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well, that was by far the most epic fight my character has been in during this campaign. I was hoping Poljen could take her down with those last hits. That was scary but it was very intense. The combat was fought almost completely without any healing support.

KN, it's D20 for 5e death saving throws. I hope we all make these. Well done regardless guys!

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:05am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think we will survive in the end, but I'm with you, I was really hoping those last two hits would be enough. When Velon, Lawrance and the newcomers arrived I was going to have Poljen screaming something like, "I am Poljen! Son of Nels! The Last of the Snow Leopards challenges you all!" Or something equally defiant…

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kyr's right, but don't worry about rerolling Kntoran, we'll just treat that as one failure and 2 passes. You'll need to make 2 more rolls, d20+con

And sorry to spoil your moment there Paul tongue.gif I for one thought it was over in your favor as soon as that critical popped up. But apparently the dice wanted drama of another kind.

Speaking of which, there's a houserule I've been considering that would bypass the need to roll more damage dice on a critical hit. Basically instead of rolling again, you add maximum weapon damage to the damage you rolled the first time. I mentioned it to JB who was asking about all the extra posts we've been making for such things, and she's in favor of it. Does anyone have any objections? Bear in mind that this rule would be applied to enemies as well.

Similar alternative, add the average weapon damage instead of max. Not quite as exciting, but a little closer to the expected value if rolling randomly.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:17am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 519

Well that's it for Lora. When her rolls went badly they went all the way. Failed all five saving throws. I'm glad she wasn't my permanent character but I still hate to see her die. sad.gif.

Daishain, I'm fine with using the 3.5 version for crits. It's easier in this format. I hate to make these run on posts sometimes just to make a die roll.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:33am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 519

Technically, she's not dead yet, but unless someone basically dives into the room and stabilizes her…

Yeouch, this whole fight just didn't go well for Lora at all did it?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.