Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 520 of 948

I'm hoping that Nikolaos can find - Page 520 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Dec, 2017 - 12:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 520

Velon will notice that while the giantess has Poljen, he does not see Lora nor Cratol. He could risk running past her, possibly taking an Attack of Opportunity, and do some healing… he knows some of us have healing potions.

I want Lora to survive, so she can tell Poljen her reaction to the kiss! wink.gif.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:48am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I understand you wanting to help out Anron. Don't be surprised when he gets royally chewerd out though. If the pseudodragon is swatted down how will your character know whether to teleport out or not? That's a direct violation of what the leader told you. It risks the entire mission. With player knowledge you know that it will be okay with help on the way. Your character would have the choice if no one came back for a while to teleport out risking leaving people behind or going out yourself leaving only Poppo and Zarra to guard the mask.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:30am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I do not have people roll for a critical. I just automatically double the damage they do. This makes it easier on all I think.

On a side note looks like Cratol failed all five of his death saves.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 6th Dec, 2017 - 4:16am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 520 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I’m a bit confused about the order of events at this point. Do the death saves start happening after they get knocked out from the fiat attack, and then five rounds later they die? Or are they in the middle of the rounds of death saves when we show up? How many rounds do we have before Cratol or Lora die when we get there? Also, since you took Cratol at 2passes one fail, does that third pass mean he’s stable?
[By The Way] Daishain has a house rule about adding Wisdom bonus to death saves so her last roll was a success but…

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 6th Dec, 2017 - 6:48am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Death saves happen on your turn when you are down. You roll once per round. A 9 or less and you fail, 10 or better and you pass. Three passes and you stabilize. Three fails and you die. So, best 3 of 5...

The house rule is to add CON Bonus to your saves. Since I think the combat is still happening, only one round has elapsed. But Lora has no bonus to CON, so at her turn on the third round since she dropped, she will be dead, and only something like Revivify will bring her back. Of course, she is our cleric, but does not have that spell yet in any case. So if someone finds her before her turn on the third round since she dropped and magically heals her, she will be okay. She had a pretty low Initiative too, which may turn out to be a blessing… I think all the new combatants will need to roll that as well as any attacks, spells, etc.

The good news is that giantess is pretty close to dropping. We did a ton of damage to her, and from a remark Daisahin made about Poljen's last Critical Hit, I don't think it will take much….

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 6th Dec, 2017 - 11:11am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, I guess I was desperately trying to find a way for her to survive. I knew it was CON but got fixated on her high Wisdom! biggrin.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 520

I realize I did not respond to Daishain's ideas for Critical Damage rolls. Personally, I am fine with any of the options. A second roll is good, though a fixed result would help speed things along. The risk-taking part of me likes the thought of the Critical roll being max, rather than the average, even though that means we would suffer the same when the bad guys score a [Critical Hit]. Poljen's love of risk is reflected in this idea, to be honest.

Though I also just recalled that starting I think at 9th level, barbarians get yet another added die of Critical damage. It increases to a third Critical die at some even higher level. Making those dice automatically maximum damage would be brutal… and no doubt we'd face the occasional barbarian opponent. So I am good with any option, but would like to know everyone's thoughts.

6th Dec, 2017 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 520

The Awakened says...

I'm hoping that Nikolaos can find some of the downed members and pop some healing spells down before its too late.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.