Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 521 of 948

(Laugh), yeah on that note I still think they - Page 521 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 521

Cratol, in regards to the death saves, I'd already stated that I'd accept the ones you previously made as your first three, even though they were the wrong die size (50% is still 50% whether its a d100 or a d20)

With that in mind, taken with the ones you just made, you went: 1 fail, 2 passes, pass+stabilize. Cratol is safe

Oh, and Paul, a 10 or less is a fail, 11 or more is a pass.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:29pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was initially going to say that I'm in favor of a default [Critical Hit] rule that doesn't require the extra roll and that I don't really care if it is double the initial dice, average damage, or max damage. In thinking about it, however, I wonder if max damage is really bad for the party? It would give us a bit of a boost here and there, such as Poljen's eventual big crits or max on all of the dice Velon rolls when he uses a melee cantrip plus some smite dice. It seems though that it would give large foes a HUGE boost since a giant, a dragon, etc. Already roll many more damage dice than a player character. This to me seems like a [Critical Hit] would often be instant death to a PC, which is a bad risk for the party in character AND not fun for that player out of character. Who wants to go from max HP to dead in one round? Our advantage as a party over a large foe is our action economy, not our weapon dice. I feel that we'd be handing the enemy a huge weapon in their tool kit if their many damage dice have such potential. We will never utilize the same mathematical potential unless we all [Critical Hit] in the same round or at least over a few rounds… or if Poljen is there *wink*

Thus perhaps double damage on what was already rolled, or average damage for the [Critical Hit] dice is best?

I still don't actually have a strong feeling about this, it is just a math / action economy thing that occurred to me, and my thinking could be off. It's just a thought. Either way I do think we should set a rule such that crits don't need to be rolled, my only debate is to how much damage it is.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well done everyone. The Giants are finally down. I have to assume that Lora won't make it. If she would have passed a save or two it would have bought her more time. Cratol hung in there. The castle is still ripe for the taking with reinforcements. Most of the forces are eliminated. We have control of it and can steer it away from the well to buy time to heal up. I think the fairly healthy people left can at least eliminate the vampire. That would only leave a dragon. It might not be that old of a dragon.

I agree with Cinder about the automatic max damage on criticals. It's too potent to give to possibly huge enemies. I like just doubling the initial damage roll of a critical is rolled. That seems fair to both sides.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:37pm

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 521 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I feel bad if she doesn't make it, as what will you do until the castle mission is over? As previously stated at least you intended to bring Lia back after this.

Velon will be working his way towards where the giants slept to look for her and Cratol, but healing Poljen was first and there is a stranger standing in the hall right now. As you say with no passed saves it seems there is little to no time to save her.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It's fine Cinder. I would take a brief break from the game I suppose. Lora angered the dice gods apparently. It's time for her to go I guess.

I would still keep up with everything. This is turning into quite an epic story. I'm looking forward to reuniting Lia with the group. Long live the Silver Blaze!

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:53pm

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually, I was considering letting Kyr play the Dvati twins for a time if none get to Lora in time and she is game for it. They're not fighters by any stretch of the imagination, and do not know magic, but they can work a pair of light crossbows from way in the back easily enough, and perhaps help in other ways. She/They are rather light on their feet.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Dec, 2017 - 2:58pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 521

I would agree with just making the dice rolls doubled for critical hits. It keeps the action economy balance and makes life easier with the dice roller which seems to hate everyone except for Poljen *smile*.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 521

(Laugh), yeah on that note I still think they should keep the name, although don't feel strongly enough about it to actually argue the point with Poljen in character. Lia coming back would help, I'm sure. Geoffroy too if he ever returns, although I like Zarra and hope she doesn't leave the group as Velon has been slowly trying to build up a relationship and show appreciation and faith in the drow. Anyhow, regardless of who is in the party, any great, long standing organization is going to have to hand the reigns off to newer members and new generations eventually.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.