Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 55 of 948

I couldn't pass it up Paul. I knew - Page 55 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Feb, 2017 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 55

Kyrroeth, I neither said nor even implied such a thing. If you inferred it, well, maybe I triggered something. biggrin.gif Seriously, it was just kind of amusing that the most laconic of the group were the ones away from the action. And I am wondering if Sar'ai and Cratol will get a stern talking-to from Lia about confronting an unknown danger without more back-up…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well, you guys basically did rush out there in hopes of there being a fight outside the walls. Should've been more interested in the stuffy mages' research, that's where the action was tongue.gif.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You know, if someone had said, "Hey Poljen! There was a suspicious-looking guy who vanished. We're going to look for him," Poljen might very well have gone along. But he knows he would be fairly useless at a library and/or church, which is all he knew they were up to. So helping make sure the caravan was coming in safely seemed the pragmatic thing to do.

13th Feb, 2017 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 55 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

GM, I believe you forgot to add the +2 twice for the ability modifier for Geoffroy healing Cratol. This should have him healed by 13 hit points.

Also, can I use up another Cure Wounds to have another go at healing the guy's ruined air passage? More so, if such is possible, have that healing focused entirely on the throat?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Good one Paul. I see what you did there smile.gif

If only we had a leader, all of this would have been avoided (Jk jk).

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomas, I'm going to say that won't work, not as is.

The way Cure Wounds and other basic healing spells work as I understand them, is they greatly accelerate the body's natural ability to heal. What they can't do is repair what the body couldn't even given time and ideal recovery conditions. So while it can close wounds, heal bruising, and even repair bones if they're set first, it can't regrow limbs, heal misaligned bones, replace internal organs, etc. (Hence why there are higher level spells designed to do that stuff.)

A crushed larynx of this kind of severity (Critical hit kick to the throat in this case) is not something the body can normally expect to repair on its own, you've got bone fragments, torn flesh, and significant amounts of blood blocking that airway. Your cure spell stopped the internal bleeding, but the blockage remains. I did consider it enough of a borderline case to give you a 50% shot of the spell working, but if it didn't work the first time, it won't on a second try.

What Geoffroy would need to do to save the man's life at this point is perform what modern medicine refers to as an emergency tracheotomy. An incision through the lower portion of the neck, and into the trachea below the voice box, with some form of tube inserted to keep the new air passage open. When the patient's life is not in immediate danger, the clerics back at the temple could probably perform surgery to repair the throat enough that a cure spell can take over and let him breathe and talk normally.

The needed incision could be made with the skinning knife Cratol used to cut his bonds if you don't have anything else, and I'm going to say there's a loom in here you can partly dismantle for a wooden tube of roughly the right size.

But this stuff isn't exactly a common medical procedure in this day and age. I'm going to ask for two Medicine checks. A DC 15 check to realize it is even possible, followed by a DC 10 to actually pull it off. I think those numbers are rather generous, but I want you to have a chance.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Feb, 2017 - 10:46pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Feb, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 55

The Quiet Shadow says...

Do you mean the skill Medicine or Healing? Checks book, realized I wrote down the skill incorrectly. Whoops, my apologizes.

Okay that should be doable, as notably Geoffroy will have a +4 bonus because of a high wisdom and skill proficiency. It will mean I'd have to roll a 11 for the first roll and a 6 for the second roll.

I will get on doing such after I clean up the kitchen a bit, as I have to do the dishes before doing anything else.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Feb, 2017 - 10:59pm

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 55

I couldn't pass it up Paul. I knew you didn't mean it that way but it was too easy. It was funny all the macho guys raced outside and missed all the action *smile*.

Oh my. Geoffroy ignored Cratol. I've never seen Cratol angry before. This should be fun *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Feb, 2017 - 2:27am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.