Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 559 of 948

Nice Arcana [Critical Hit]! It is - Page 559 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Dec, 2017 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 559

For your information, Radiant damage works better against vampires than normal damage. Sacred flame is radiant damage. If I recall rightly, radiant damage they cannot heal, nor can they heal while in sunlight, if we could somehow arrange that. 5e has changed monster abilities a lot, that's for sure!Taking out the minions (And bats!) would be best so we can focus on the big baddie, but our current positions make that harder.
I have one healing spell in a spell store ring but it's only Healing Word single target.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon could heal a little but his magic may be needed for other things, he needs to bash some of these foes off of him first, and most unfortunately he has no more sorcery points to quicken the spell into just a bonus action so he can keep fighting.

Good point by Gknightbc on Sacred Flame being radiant. That could be VERY handy as it takes Tazskan and I spell slots to do radiant damage and I'm not sure who else can. The question is, does Lora know that in character? wink.gif If all goes well she may start attacking the vampire soon anyhow as the melee cultists fall, so hopefully the knowledge part won't matter much.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I waiting for the next update by Daishain to choose my action, but I have two choices to help Taz. Let's see how this develops.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 559 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think Lora would know that radiant damage would be hurtful to any undead. She will concentrate on the minions first. I think that is a good idea to do so. Once they are gone the vampire has no chance in my opinion.
She is more likely to help her friends than some strangers.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:20pm

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

If my spell succeeds, the vampire will be out of the equation for several rounds (I think it lasts one minute).

Also, my hound might knock her prone, which should help to break the grapple. If we can force her to move 5 ft, it auto ends.

Pulling back shouldn't affect aoe spells too much since there is space in the dining room for them to extend to. What pulling back will do is need their archers because they will either need to be in melee to shoot or most of us will have at least partial cover from allies and walls.

I agree that a couple of juicy smites might be our best bet at taking her down.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Croft, I really hope either the knocking prone or the banish work. If it does, this fight will turn into a cakewalk. Honestly, I'd expect some of the cultists to run at that point. But I suspect that the vampire has high saving throw modifiers. And if it has any Legendary Resistances, I don't doubt the Dungeon Master will use them. But fingers are crossed here.

If the vampire resists both, then maybe that twinned Haste you mentioned earlier would be a good move, unless you have something that will either drop a bunch more cultists (Another fireball perhaps?) or do some serious hurt to the vampire.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 559

A critical on Arcana? Nice to have max possible knowledge, but I could have enjoyed that [Critical Hit] on the vampire herself! biggrin.gif Now to see what I know…

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 559

Nice Arcana [Critical Hit]!

It is true, I suppose anyone wielding radiant (Holy) energy would know about its effect on undead and the like. Velon perhaps less so considering his back story, but certainly clerics, etc.

Yeah I hope Velon and the whole groups survive this. That +Charisma to melee damage 'bracelet' really makes it clear that I should go deeper into Paladin for another attack, Channel Divinity to increase chance to hit, etc. And pick Shield back up. I'll just be more specific about when I want to use it. For a while there I was debating having him stand back more in fights to concentrate twinned haste on others, etc. But no longer.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.