Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 563 of 948

Having issues rolling my hound's bite - Page 563 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Dec, 2017 - 3:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
13th Dec, 2017 - 8:30am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 563

The Quiet Shadow says...

If I had a Dungeon Master who allowed that a vampire could fight becoming a Chaotic Evil creature, perhaps even gain the discipline, magical aid, artifact, or otherwise to keep from being necessarily Chaotic or Evil… I'd enjoy being a vampire as well. The issue is, most would have such a "Curse" automatically make a character an NPC controlled by the Dungeon Master.

That idea that any creature or race marked as "Always" Evil could have there exception, just as there is an exception to every rule or a counter example to every norm. For there to be good aligned goblins, drows, demons, vampires, chromatic dragons, exc. With some admittedly more rare then others, but with there still being a handful of such individuals no matter how uncommon or unheard of.

Do not forget, there is officially a succubus paladin published by WotC. Source 1

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Dec, 2017 - 8:36am

Sponsored Links:
13th Dec, 2017 - 10:47am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

With only a few hit points left, the end is almost arrived for Tazsakan.

He will have one more round of a retaliatory strike against the Vampire. That is before she drains Tazskan completely of blood. I will post the last retaliatory action in the main thread.

From a Dragonborn paladins point of view, it will certainly mean, and end to the oath, and allegiance to Bahumut. Cursed to live as an undead.

On a brighter note, Lawrence made a critical on Arcana with regards to dealing with a Vampire. So he would have a wealth of knowledge in this regards.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think the problem with playing vampires is balance. It's hard to have a pc representative of a vamp's power without being overpowered. I have seen some homebrews that were pretty balanced in my opinion but the Dungeon Master might differ on that. Then there is the issue with keeping your coffin nearby and the inability to venture out in sunlight.

I don't feel that the alignment is an issue. Daishain never said that we couldn't play an evil character. I wouldn't wish to play anything that is disruptive for the group. Aeric's wizard was Neutral Evil and worked just fine.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 13th Dec, 2017 - 12:59pm

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 563 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Off the top of my head without looking anything up, perhaps one could play a warlock as a vampire. You could use vampiric touch, maybe reflavor a touch cantrip as a ‘bite’, have to cover up in daylight, use misty step, take one of those swarm of flies type evocations and call it bats, etc. Basically the mechanics would all be the same, the effort would be on reskinning the abilities with descriptions that work and then role playing it. Your patron could be Nosferatu even *wink*.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cinder, you had my hopes up until you mentioned Nosferatu. sad.gifI'm thinking more Toreador. That is a great idea though. There is also an official vampire character race in a publication but it is for the Magic the Gathering setting. It seems reasonable.

One of my issues is that I don't want to be "That" player who has to have the special snowflake character.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 13th Dec, 2017 - 1:23pm

13th Dec, 2017 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Awakened says...

Paul the hypnotic pattern is from Ignazio not Nikolaos. My plan is to get out of the line of fire this round. Then using concentration for Aura of Vitality to heal as BAs in future rounds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 563

I hear you on the snowflake thing. That's why I figured "Hey Dungeon Master can I call my swarm of flies a swarm of bats" and "Can I call shocking grasp a bite" isn't too bad. You're doing all of the work, your Dungeon Master is just being supportive of your character creation process. (I suppose it could cause confusion if a new player entered a game and didn't know what you were talking about, of course.) The Dungeon Master would have to do a lot more work to help you adapt a class from another game, and it opens the flood gates to other players bringing material from who knows where in, making the whole thing a mess.

We'll happily take Lia back, even if we lose Lora to the vampire *smile*.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 563

Having issues rolling my hound's bite damage: it should be 2d6+3. I suppose I need to separate each die?

Thanks.

As an aside, if we all turn into vampires, maybe we could be flat mates like in What We Do in the Shadows smile.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.