Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 570 of 948

Anron, you're right about the die - Page 570 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Dec, 2017 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 570

Oh, I think we're all aware of that… but I have been waiting to post this… that may very well be the most clutch critical hit we've yet seen in this game. By my calculation, you did 27 points of damage with the dice. The critical means you get another average-of-7d6, which I see as 25 more. 52 points! Al of it radiant, no less… I don't care how many HP she has… that has GOT to hurt. Nice!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

If she has flee to her coffin and it is still dark… if nothing else we could take the coffin and throw it off the flying castle. Not our problem any more. The coffin would be destroyed with the fall. With her being reduced to zero hitpoints and the sunrise coming with no coffin I'm thinking that she won't survive the morning.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Dec, 2017 - 6:25am

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

On the drive home I realized the Haste may not take effect this round. If that is the case, Daishain, just say so, and NEXT round use the rolls for the Hasted Attack…

15th Dec, 2017 - 8:57am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 570 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

If I survive this, my next goal would be to aquire a silver sword, and or dagger.
But, does someone need to be completely drained of blood, to contract the Vampirism disease, becoming a Vampire after middnight?

Kyrro, you mentioned that a party member before slipped over to the dark side?
I would, imagine it would be extreemly difficult to play an evil alignned character.
Why, would an evil player character want to turn a blind eye, towards good player characters slaying creatures?

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anron, if Taz has his maximum hitpoints lowered to 0 by another vampire bite he will die. If he is buried in the ground he would rise as a vampire thrall to the one we are fighting. If we didn't bury him I'm not sure what would happen. We couldn't heal him up above 0 hit points so I have no idea what would happen. It might take a revivify or something to bring him back. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Evil aligned characters can fit into a mainly good aligned party. Their short term goals might mesh with the groups. It could benefit the evil character to travel with the group. I'm sure that it would be distasteful for them but if it helps them they would do it. Evil aligned characters will do what benefits them. Our current game is a perfect example of this. We could have an evil cleric or paladin join. Their god they serve is evil but they want to rule the world and not Tiamat. It would be to their benefit to work with us since we all want to stop Tiamat from rising. Once that is done then they would go their own way since there would be no common cause to unite them.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Dec, 2017 - 9:09am

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anron, a critical hit is only when you roll an unmodified 20. So with your +6 bonus you needed a 26 total in order to make it a critical.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Dec, 2017 - 3:47pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 570

Anron, to add to what Kyrroeth has said about critical hits, we spent a few pages of this thread discussing with the Dungeon Master about critical damage. From now on, when you get a critical hit, Daishain is simply adding the average, rounding up if need be, to your damage total. So one of your eldritch blasts getting a critical would essentially go from a 1d8 damage to a 1d8+5 damage. This was settled only a couple of weeks ago…

As for a former character slipping over to the dark side… what happened was one of the original team members was a wizard who secretly was studying necromancy in hopes of raising his lost love to life. He had rescued one of the cults infant halfdragons. Then the player left, and to leave things open for the character and us, it was written that he used a portal to go to some other bad guys, hoping to trade for more necromancy knowledge.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2017 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 570

Anron, you're right about the die being a d10 rather than a d8. But the point is that when you critical hit, the extra d10 is automatically now a 6 (Or 2d10 would be 11, etc.). So when you critical, Daishain simply adds the proper average number for your damage. You did not need to roll again. And the discussion of that house rule was just a couple of weeks ago.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.