Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 578 of 948

I vote for a new [embedded] dice roller. Besides - Page 578 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Dec, 2017 - 8:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 578

Too bad your hawk could not tie the coffin shut with the chains or a rope *smile* Being in the ribs you now have a direct conduct and no need for the to hit rolls anymore.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

He will probably still need a to hit roll. No automatics. If Lora could miss a 15' sleeping giant while standing by his neck with a dagger against it then there are no guarantees *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Dec, 2017 - 5:56pm

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

We're talking about a touch spell here.

Missing the giant was essentially the equivalent of them getting lucky and the bed shifting just enough to throw you off, that sort of thing, it is possible to miss under such circumstances, just embarrassing.

For a touch spell though, if one is literally gripping the target, and nothing's shaking that grip loose…

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Dec, 2017 - 5:59pm

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 578 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That was my hope, by getting the hawk inside the body itself. It will be aware of it's attacks, but stopping them would require damaging itself harshly, so…
I saw the possibility and had a small chuckle at the idea, when I conceived it. biggrin.gif. Also, I don't know what effect, if any, the Shocking Grasp will have on the coffin or it's inhabitant, but if I keep damaging her body, maybe it'll delay any regeneration. Unlikely, but a thought nonetheless. If the coffin doesn't take damage from the attack, the giant will take all of it, I guess.
Edit: *Sigh* The idea was sound, execution was superb, result was… disappointing. Here's hoping subsequent damage rolls are at least average.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:04pm

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

(Laugh), yeah, Velon's just seeing if this thing has any type of awareness at all. A couple of swings towards someone other than Poljen would also help spread out the HP damage. Our collective HP is a resource, after all. Better to spread the damage around. It's a shame for one person to drop to zero when others have max HP, especially (Not exactly the case here, I know).

I've played with several rogue type characters that do the ol' hit and run technique. It's great and all but when others in the party are at single digit HP I often think "Care to stay in there and take a hit for the team? You have a resource of 50+HP and the ability to halve damage that could come in handy, you know, before the campaign is over" *wink*.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If it gets too sticky, I will step up and take a hit or two. Blade Ward will half the damage, but I am a bit of a glass cannon now that my mage armour and Arcane shield are gone. 35 HP would vanish very fast for me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 578

(Laugh), yeah, hopefully it doesn't come to the zero-armor-wearing folks having to take hits. No reason Velon can't take 1 or 2 though. I'd rather have Poljen hacking the thing to bits while that happens than only taking the hits once Poljen is down. Velon has a high AC and about 30HP or so left so he should be ok for a round or two unless there's a [Critical Hit].

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 578

I vote for a new [embedded] dice roller. Besides stealth checks she has rolled horribly this whole chapter.

Lora will go in to help Poljen after this turn. She is worried that he is about to fall. Giants aren't exactly her favorite thing to fight after being almost killed earlier by one. It would help if someone just tanked up front with the dodge action while everyone else does the damage.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.