Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 59 of 948

So, I still think sending out Elanna is a - Page 59 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Feb, 2017 - 2:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 59

I do not think the other prisoner is going to talk any time soon, With his voice box being crushed I have a feeling it is going to be a bit before he can talk if he ever gets that ability to do so again.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So I was just re-reading Beast Sense and it says you use the sense of a willing creature. It does not explicitly say the caster controls the creature, but if the animal does not want to go where the caster chooses, I would argue it is not willing. It is a GM call.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Generally speaking, willing is defined as not hostile and/or not resisting. For instance, an unconscious character is usually considered willing, even if they loathe your guts. Generally speaking, I'd define an animal that is neither hostile nor afraid as a willing subject for spells like this.

The problem with using Beast Sense in this regard is that it doesn't give you a way to explain what you want the animal to do while you are riding around in its head to said animal. Whether or not you can convince it to help doesn't even come into play if you can't talk to the thing.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 59 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

He can also cast Speak With Animals as a ritual. Combined maybe he can reach some kind of understanding…

18th Feb, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Not trying to bring "Reality" into a fantasy game, but I have done some research (Mainly to make sure this exact thing would not happen), and by what many doctors and anatomists say, it's extremely unlikely one could die from having their tongue cut out.
The main point being that the tongue itself is mainly filled with capillaries (The actual arteries are further down near the throat) and so would make "Bleeding out" highly improbable unless the victim is a hemophiliac or continues to remove the clotting that happens quite quickly actually.
The other issue, which is the one that is happening in game, is that if enough blood was produced, could a person choke to death on it? Well, what I found was kind of split. There experts saying no, as again, there just won't be enough blood produced, unless an artery is severed, to choke on and even more, the person's automatic survival instincts would kick in causing swallowing, not inhaling the blood. The other argument was that yes, if an artery was cut, which again is deep in the floor of the mouth, it would be possible to choke to death if the victim could overcome the instinct to swallow or spit, but even then the person would more likely bleed out than suffer asphyxiation. The primary way people die from removing the tongue is infection.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Your game, your rules and Sar'ai will abide. If he dies, nothing she could have done as the clerics who could stop the bleeding have left.
smile.gif.

18th Feb, 2017 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

I admit to having considered that myself, but if the Dungeon Master shows the man trying to choke on his own blood from the cut tongue then against that would be him trying to get out of the situation by death. I felt Geoffroy wouldn't let the mage simply kill himself.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 59

I knew the odds of the man being successful were low, chances were had Geoffroy done nothing he'd have coughed that blood back up. It was more about the kind of actions he's willing to take than me trying to actually finish him off.

Apparently the odds were even lower than I thought, but the point is moot, as Geoffroy has handled it. That healing spell nullifies even the 1/10 chance I had in mind.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Feb, 2017 - 12:18am

21st Feb, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 59

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

So, I still think sending out Elanna is a great idea, however I just had another idea pop into my head and my ability to edit my last post has lapsed, so I'm going to have Sar'ai put forth another idea that still works in conjunction with sending Elanna out so I feel those perception rolls will still be valid without changing the overall goal of the plan.
smile.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.