Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 589 of 948

The thought was treating a familiar as a minor - Page 589 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 589

Depends on the dragons color. If white like I think fire bases spells will be strong against it.

Sponsored Links:
21st Dec, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

"I'm not so certain about fire being more effective against the dragon, but as a white dragon I do believe that lives in colder weather it will likely resist any cold spells," Zarra will offer in consideration.

Out of Character: I wi roll Arcana to try and justify such knowledge.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Dec, 2017 - 4:46pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Arcana on D20 (+0): 1 (1 roll)

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dragons are immune to their own breath weapon damage, at least. I don't think they take extra damage versus opposed elements.
Rituals cannot be cast while moving, RAW, but Daishain may give an exception.
Arcana is a good idea to ensure our characters have full information, but I thought I did that for the dragon, ages ago.

21st Dec, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 589 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Whoops, it appears I post that on the wrong thread. Apologizes for that, and I can see about transferring my post over to the main thread.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I know looking at a dragon you can tell what spells not to toss at it but still they do have a spell resistance if I remember the blue dragon did. So we need to approach it in a way that we can put our full effort into bringing it down.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dai, did I ever get an answer on the familiar progression idea? I'd like to develop a rapport instead of a fire-and-forget use for the guy. biggrin.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 589

Unfortunately, neither Zarra nor Lawrance recall much of use concerning white dragons.

Knight, what was your idea? I am afraid I don't recall seeing anything of that nature.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:40pm

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 589

The thought was treating a familiar as a minor character that gains tricks, HD or the like, as it adventures with you. Something like the 3.5 version without the link to the wizard that was far more. The reason being is that otherwise it's just a tool, and a very disposable one at that for 10GP. If a Wizard enlists a celestial or the like as a familiar, or a Warlock Pacts with the advanced one, they are actually convincing an intelligent being to work with them, putting a part of that being's essence into our universe as the shape chosen at the time. Because the shape can be reset as per the spell, with the same being just reshaped to suit the new purpose.This implies a compact or agreement or something with the being acting as the familiar, otherwise it would be a puppet without will. So, I was hoping to develop it into something worthwhile not risking excessively, or meaningful to keep growing, even slightly, as a familiar.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.