Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 590 of 948

Haste is an awesome spell, and I look forward - Page 590 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Dec, 2017 - 9:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 590

You are certainly free to develop a more meaningful relationship with your familiar. In fact I've always handled my familiars as a distinct entity, a friend and companion with its own quirks, not just some summoned spirit.

In regards to having it scale and grow, I'll need to think on that, and get back to you on it. At minimum you'd need to give up something in exchange for any notable amount of power gained.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:18pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sounds good to me. In the interest in having a character development in the familiar, it would be fun and worth the costs, I'm sure.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That's the tradeoff in 5e. They scaled much better in 3.5 but it was a lot more than a few gold pieces to summon them again. What of the warlock's improved familiar? They should retain an advantage over a regular familiar.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 590 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I haven't earned any gems here on the site, Gknight, and am thus no expert but perhaps a crystal could be turned in for a boost to the familiar? I know that's how Ky got Mari earlier in the campaign as a level3 side character, I believe. Perhaps you have to take what the random gem effect is though, I'm not sure.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That's a good idea Cinder. It is totally random for what the gem does however. That result seems to be one of the more common ones.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The first gem I activated was somewhat pointless in the current situation, but if we count the familiar as more than some random minor spirit, it could certainly apply.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 590

You can only have one advantage according to the 5E rules the advantage does not stack.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 590

Haste is an awesome spell, and I look forward to it. I think it lasts a minute, so cast it when things get rolling. I am psyched for it!

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.