Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 60 of 948

Several points: First, as Daishain pointed - Page 60 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 60

Targul just posted so you're good to go ahead and post again. I look forward to seeing what this new idea is.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh sweet! Falrun, you just had Targul find us our secret way to strike from behind if we end up under siege! Nicely done!

22nd Feb, 2017 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Ok, I do believe I have the forged letter completed. Is there any roll I should make in conjunction with it?

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 60 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Do an Intelligence check.

If you're proficient with forgery kits, add proficiency to it.

You don't have a specific example to copy, so its more a matter of guessing the syntax they might use.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

By and large I think the forged letter is pretty good. I do have some reservations about certain things but I will refrain from bringing them up, save for one. I really wish you had not mentioned the "Kobold encampment." I didn't want any of those folks out there aware of our knowledge of them. But I am hopeful they buy the note, hook, line and sinker.

22nd Feb, 2017 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

So, the reasoning behind giving that info up is twofold. The first being that it would lend a little bit more credibility to the letter as who would willingly give up potentially valuable knowledge that freely if not actually trying to be a "Double agent" if you will.
The second reason is if there is no attack during the night, come dawn Sar'ai will ask Poljen to look out toward where he last saw the kobold encampment through his spyglass. If they are not there or have repositioned themselves, it serves as confirmation that the message was received. If it appears that there is no change, then what has the group really lost?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 60

Not to throw a wrench in your confirmation plans, but the kobolds left visual range some time ago. Visible horizon's about 10 miles out from the top of that tower, and they were barely on the edge of it before.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 60

Several points: First, as Daishain pointed out, Poljen briefly glimpsed what we now know to be kobolds out patrolling with the spyglass. That is what spurred him to try the trick with the pigeon in the first place. Maybe he can try it again in the morning. But he is not sure where the kobolds are camped. He does know where the human(?)/dragonborn camp is, but that can not be seen from the tower.

I think you made a mistake by not asking your prisoner(S) how they communicated with the east group. Maybe they don't. Having the owl show up, and them shooting at it leads me to believe they were aware it was someone's familiar.

Next, we do not know if they east group is aware the west group has been removed from the board. Maybe they do, but with the magic barrier they probably don't. It is possible the folks you managed to nab got the word out before you caught them, I admit. But by admitting our group has arrived, and supposedly includes a turncoat in it, simply gives them solid proof that our group is there, and something that must be reckoned with.

The best lies are the simplest, and wrapped in as much truth as possible. If as a group we had been consulted on it, I might not have made many suggestions as that is not Poljen's forte, but he would have said, "Keep it simple. Say the signal was a mistake, and don't give too much reason or detail. Let them ponder it. Maybe they will hesitate while they think things over. By having a message delivered at all, they now may suspect we are aware of them and will move, and take measures not to be found again. Or they may speed up their timetable. I fear that we have will lose our biggest advantage against that group. That of surprise."

I have played and run innumerable spy games over the decades, and can tell you the reason most con jobs fail is the people running them assume their target is at least no smarter than the con artists, and usually dumber. But frequently they are not. Your basic idea is a risky one, with potential for a decent pay-off, but it will rely on them buying a whole bunch of coincidence. Fingers are crossed!

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:54am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.