Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 592 of 948

The dragon can smell them and has blind sense - Page 592 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 1:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 592

Daishain,

Thanks for the heads up. Let's say then that the plan was to go in with pass without trace and if they wake the dragon, Ignazio will have invisibility ready.

Concerning attunement, is that something I have to focus on or after an hour of wearing it, will the magic "Kick in?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You need to be resting and focused on the item. You can usually achieve this while taking a short or long rest.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2017 - 2:55am

22nd Dec, 2017 - 3:14am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

If I were to have Zarra cast Invisibility on herself can I reroll the Stealth check? As I would be having her take a different action… Which I believe could qualify for a new Stealth check, and might prevent completely blowing the party's scouting attempt/stealth team.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 592 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The "Scouting outing" seems kind of irrelevant given that every other character has come in and at least sees the frozen cultist, if not the dragon itself…

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Dai, what’s the range to the dragon from the entrance? Rough dimensions of the cavern height and such?

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't understand what the purpose of the scouting was if the whole group walks right up behind them *wink*

Wow Thomas. I say having advantage makes it much less likely to roll back to 1's and the embedded dice proves me wrong. I think that Zarra is about to have a really bad moment.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Dec, 2017 - 12:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 592

I figure scouting was worthwhile in case the dragon was ready and waiting to kill the first person who walked out of the passage, or was blocking it, etc. Perhaps also there might have been interesting things to note about the environment that would require further strategizing.

Since the dragon is far away on a ledge and nothing to unexpected has been described by the Dungeon Master, it’s time for a fight. We’re unlikely to surprise this dragon in any meaningful way or to ‘cut its throat’. We’re here to fight it.

In turn, I am unsure of why everyone beyond just the scouting party wants to be invisible. It’s going to drop the second a fight starts and it’s already been discussed that the dragon can likely smell everyone anyhow. Save your spell slots if you weren’t one of the lead scouts.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 592

The dragon can smell them and has blind sense out quite a ways. Our group would have discussed it. Once people have greater invisibility they can attack and stay hidden. Regular invisibility is definitely a waste unless someone is just going to hide.

I understand about the scouting and the time to fight. It was just strange the way the narrative was written. No one should have known about the dragon except the scouts who would report back about it. Some characters seemed to walk right behind the stealth characters which would defeat the whole purpose of scouting. Not a big deal though. It is now time to slay a dragon.

I really hate to kill this dragon due to personally loving dragons. Has anyone considered negotiating with the dragon? They are pretty self interested. If it is the only survivor it might very well stay in the lair for a share of future treasure acquired. If this campaign wasn't about dragons serving Tiamat I bet we could convince that dragon to side with us.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Dec, 2017 - 1:17pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.