Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 595 of 948

Kingowl, I was pleasantly surprised when you - Page 595 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 5:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 595

May I ask why so many people are rolling with advantage to initiative and attacks? I know barbarians gain reckless attack, but how are you gaining advantage to these other rolls?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Someone, Cratol I think, has a ring that provides advantage on Initiative. Poljen as a barbarian gets advantage on Initiative for hitting 7th level I believe. As for Cratol's advantage on attacking, if he is on the opposite side of the dragon from Poljen, he gets advantage. Anyone in melee gets that bonus. Of course it is particularly useful for rogues, but advantage helps anyone. At least that is my understanding of the rules.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That was my understanding as long as Poljen is in direct frontal attack those flanking get advantage. If the dragon turns to face one of us others get advantage too to flank attacks.

23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:35am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 595 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'd offer more exact details on where Zarra is, yet whenever I go to maps it doesn't appear to have what you are talking about/ I go there and I see the old cultist cave map as well one other without any details… I can't tell where it is for and there is no positioning details for anything.

Perhaps the map is somewhere else and I forgot where you put them.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Look in the SRD file at the top and from there look at the map. That is where he has always been updating.

23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:39am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

My apologizes for forgetting, about how many feet is each square? I got into the bad happen of not using the map often, so I don't remember many of the important details. For this battle though, I can't see how I'd be able to do without… especially since the Dungeon Master asked for a check of position.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 595

Unless otherwise specified, map squares are 5' to a side.

As to Paul's explanation, he is correct. Flanking rules are in effect, as is a ring granting advantage to initiative.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:46am

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 595

Kingowl, I was pleasantly surprised when you cast the Dispel, and even more thrilled when you rolled a 22. But as I am still learning many rules, especially regarding magic, I noticed you only added +3 to the roll. I did some rule-scouring on the internet and I think you should also add your proficiency bonus. Which would boost it a little higher. Double-check that, please. I am sure a 22 succeeds, but in the future that extra bit might make a difference.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.