Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 602 of 948

The way I read the cutting words feature is - Page 602 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Dec, 2017 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
25th Dec, 2017 - 9:47am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 602

The Awakened says...

I want to see if anyone got knocked out last round before making any moves for round 3.
Would it be alright if I reduced the dragon's breath damage roll by 7 with my last turns cutting words?

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Con save DC 19 on D20 (+1): 14 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
25th Dec, 2017 - 10:17am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Any method you have that can either limit or reduce dragons potency is greatly appreciated. Or healing?

This dragon is definitely intelligent. In one move has removed two high level Wizards from the battle. Thanks to a huge block of ice.

Our own Sherman tank, Poljen isn't close enough for melee either.

As for Tazskan, he's more like a half truck, with a couple of machine guns.
In melee range with an enormous tank!

Not, looking good but we will see.

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Wow. Just wow. I felt good about this until I saw the con save D.C. Is 19. That is nasty. Lora will pretty much auto fail that every time. There goes her double most likely. sad.gif

Lora's healing is now reserved for Poljen unless someone falls. She doesn't have the healing capability to keep up with the damage being put out on everyone. We need to take this dragon down quickly. I will wait as well to see how many if any fall from this attack. Lora would be down already without those temporary hit points.

I need to get Lia back. Lora doesn't have close to enough healing to deal with something like this. A regular cleric just isn't an impressive healer in 5e.

In Character: : Lora feels terror rise up as the frost comes their way. She races to try to escape it. Prayers to Mask are on her lips as she rolls across the floor for safety desperately.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 25th Dec, 2017 - 12:34pm

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 602 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I took a look, everyone should be up, if barely in some cases, and only thanks to evasion in Zarra's case.

Anron, I have and am tailoring this. But Glazhael is the final boss in act one of this campaign. I will not make him a trivial challenge, nor will I remove the possibility of outright failure.

It is also notable that Lawrance and Poppo aren't entirely out of the game, just delayed until they can figure out a way to bypass/destroy the obstacle.

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, did Nikolaos’s cutting words reduce any damage? This will affect whether or not Velon maintains concentration on Bless or not since the damage is currently 40 and he rolled a 19 (Concentration DC thus being a 20 I believe off the top of my head).

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It could and would, but he needs to declare who the target for it is. He specified Lawrance or Poppo before, but they ended up being the only two who didn't take damage just now. I'll let him retarget.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Dec, 2017 - 1:48pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 602

Aha, I get it now. Thanks. Wasn’t sure how it worked on AoE damage.

Saves we’re not good and that 40 damage is rough. Might spend the turn healing since I can’t really attack effectively until I pass the Wisdom save.

25th Dec, 2017 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 602

The Awakened says...

The way I read the cutting words feature is that it would reduce the damage roll itself, helping all hit by the breath weapon. That being said, I am very much biased! If I can't use it in that way I think Nikolaos would use it to help Cratol since it looks like he got hit first.
I will update my hit points on my character sheet when I can get to a real computer and not just my phone.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.