Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 603 of 948

Hopefully things don't take too much - Page 603 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Dec, 2017 - 4:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 603

D, as I was falling asleep last night I realized something. Since we are ret-coning the Fear for the first round, Poljen's first attack was a miss. The Hasted attack hit though. I rolled all those with Advantage due to Reckless, but that should have been countered by the Fear. So the first roll for each attack should have been used. Fortunately he has overcome the Fear, so you can use the second set of contingency rolls I had set up in case he had beaten it last time. If you would rather have me roll again, I will.

And I am going to roll the CON save here. He has Immunity, so he could take 20. If he succeeds does the 20 get reduced to 10?

EDIT: I forgot some of us can add Bless. I will roll that later if needed for the CON Save. But for that first attack in the first round it made the first strike a 23... So maybe it did hit after all.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 25th Dec, 2017 - 2:55pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am not retconning the fear for the first round. Because I didn't ask for it before and the change would have impacted quite a bit, I am considering it to have gone into effect at the start of round 2 rather than on Glazhael's turn in round 1.

Poljen's attacks would've been safe either way.

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That is awfully decent of you. Merry Christmas! Or whatever you might celebrate…

I am now going to roll Bless for the CON Save, and also for the attacks for the next round… oh, if he saves will he take only 10 from the Cold?

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 603 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Upon review, Kingowlbear's interpretation is correct. It subtracts it from the damage roll as a whole.

Very well, those subjected to the breath are saving against 33 damage rather than 40.

25th Dec, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Thank you for your very generous ruling. I wasn't too worried about this battle until we got hit with the dragon's breath. Now I am wondering how many of us will be standing at the end of the day. I am loving the tension of not knowing.

Post Date: 25th Dec, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That cone effect makes the frost breath devastating. It can hit so many of us at once. We were spread out pretty well. If we all fall at least the wizards can escape.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Dec, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 603

The Awakened says...

If he uses his breath again I think we are done for. Hopefully our wizards can get back in the fight soon to start dealing more damage.

25th Dec, 2017 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 603

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hopefully things don't take too much of a turn for the worse, and Zarra will be as helpful as possible. I will say, I wish that I had a better memory.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.