Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 606 of 948

I hope that all is well with Daishain. He - Page 606 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Dec, 2017 - 12:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 606

Our Dungeon Master in this game does not give away how much we are hurting the enemy until it is very apparent that it is flagging from the massive amount of damage we cause. I think in two rounds we may have reduced its hitpoints by over half. That should tell it that we do mean business. Hopefully it can not breath again for a couple rounds.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No, the fire isn’t apparently harming the dragon any more than expected. I’m hoping to bounce a lightning bolt through him twice at some point, but the dimension Door is a big help rather than waiting for fire to take down the wall. I’m not the order of things, at this point, if Poppo DDs Lawrance. Lawrance may actually have this rounds attack left instead of fire bolting the wall. He could use his original lightning bolt attack instead of being blocked.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes indeed on the breath weapon. We're all crossing our fingers, I'm sure.

I didn't mean how much HP the dragon has or how much we've take away. I specifically said 'types of damage'. I don't believe I've read any narration to hint at the dragon being vulnerable to any particular types that we could focus on. Daishain mentioned a particularly strong smite from Tazskan, but I believe that was from the [Critical Hit] more so than the type of damage (Radiant, etc.).

Yes I'm curious to see if the dragon reacts to people being up on the ledge so close to it's treasure horde. It may take offense! That may be good, as coming back for our wizards could save the rest of the party from a round of attacks, allowing us to pour on more damage without too many people falling. We'll see!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 26th Dec, 2017 - 4:54pm

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 606 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes I am hoping that distracts it too knowing its horde of treasure is at stake but the bad thing is that is on a ledge and if it goes up there some of our melee options are off the table.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, the dragon does not take extra damage from any particular type of attack. Fire does not do extra. It is just that cold does not effect it. That is why Poljen is using the sword and its extra electrical rather than he great axe.

But on the bright side, that first round, including the AoO, Poljen alone did about 66 points to it. With the various fire/acid/magic attacks, the first and second rounds, it is hurting I am sure. This next round I think Poljen is doing another 48 or so… I would love it if it gave me another AoO. We can take this thing!

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes that dhould give me an AoO too if it doesnot knock me prone with its tail again. I think you are doing great Poljen and I am helping a lot too. We do need to keep it on the ground though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2017 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 606

Okay, so hopefully everyone is recovering from the holidays, or have been patient waiting for those who needed the time. I'll be getting things back under way shortly.

Couple of changes for people's review.
-Round 2 breath weapon was reduced by Nikolaos to 33 damage.
-Dimension Door spell officially can manage medium or smaller creatures, regardless of the size of the caster.
-Poppo's round 2 action is being shifted to what I assume would be his preference, that is to say he and Lawrance are Dimension Dooring up to Glazhael's ledge. This would get them both out from behind the ice wall in time to fire off other spells in round 3. If I don't get word otherwise, I'll assume that means the previously rolled lightning bolt and fireball.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Dec, 2017 - 12:06am

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2017 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 606

I hope that all is well with Daishain. He hasn't responded to anything all day on this thread or the main. It is unusual for him.

Well all seems okay now. That is pretty amusing with the timing.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Dec, 2017 - 12:06am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.