Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 611 of 948

Ouch, finally made the Wisdom save and got - Page 611 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 611

Okay, so Poljen is barely on his feet after the breath weapon. 5 measly HP left. I just want to warn people that if we survive this, and I still think we will, Poljen is going to be a bit perplexed, wondering why, as far as he can tell, the basic plan of let him stay close to the beast as best he can while the others keep healing him, seems to be falling by the wayside. He has yet to be healed by anyone, depending on whether or not Lora changes her healing of him this round or not.

And he will occasionally chide Velon, good-naturedly of course, that he did not charge the beast, as he had said he would. The barbarian will admit it took him a moment to do so, so it is only natural that it took Velon so long to get up the nerve…

And I fear Cratol, even if he succeeds in his save, will drop. He will take at least 30 points, and I don't think he has that many. Niko was planning on healing him. Everyone should confirm of their choice of actions changes based on circumstances.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:32am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You were healed some Poljen if I remember correctly. I just hope Cratol saves so he will take no damage at all. Otherwise he only takes half and that is enough to put him back to his 3rd exhaustion level.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen has not been healed yet. Lora is about to, depending on if she alters her action this round or not. And remember, this is a CON save… so even half damage is 30. If you are counting on Evasion, it does not apply.

EDIT: KN, don't forget Bless if you have it… I forgot, but did not need it, thankfully.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:43am

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 611 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In response to Lawrance's musings about dropping off the ledge, you're about 50' up. You can simple drop that distance, or you can attempt a DC10 athletics check to slide down the icy walls at a more sedate pace. Note rolling less than a 5 on said athletics check would drop you onto some rather sharp looking stalagmites.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrence is about as athletic as a three limbed turtle, so will not be attempting such a simple slide. He’ll have to hope that the last damage points are enough to put paid to the bank of hit points the dragon has available.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

So either way Cratol will be out. A dragons breath should give him the chance to evade. Oh well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 611

Lightning, acid and fire breaths do allow Dexterity saves, but cold and poison use CON saves.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 611

Ouch, finally made the Wisdom save and got in some great melee attacks and they're erased. Just hoping to make that save now!

Yes, Paul, as you know Velon suggested before the start of this very battle that everyone but the barbarian stay as far away as possible and all healing go to Poljen. Instead a good deal of healing has gone to others. The breath really throws a wrench in that either way, of course.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.