Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 620 of 948

He's right. Copying this directly - Page 620 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Dec, 2017 - 11:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 620

If it comes back with its breath weapon recharged, and we don't drop it with readied actions, I think this will be the end… fingers are crossed…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I might multi-class into ancient dragon. Breath weapon that fills most of the cavern, has a save higher than D20’s are allowed to roll on this site and does more damage than most have HP seems handy *wink*.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If it comes back and breathes, Lawrance will be the only one standing. He might have a bit of an issue with that situation.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 620 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

With where Lawrance and Poppo landed, they might also be within the breath, if the dragon breathes… that is why we need to hammer it and hope for the best the moment it appears.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No I was referring to the defenses and such Lawrance has available. Absorb Elements, full health, Arcane Shield, bonus health and such, he could survive two breath attacks and still be over 25% if he failed his saves.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nice, that's pretty impressive for a clothie! wink.gif

Yeah I had just looked up absorb elements earlier today thinking I really wish I had that spell. Luckily it's a sorcerer spell. Having that and shield in Velon's tool bag would be really nice for better survivability as he can do little against this breath weapon. I feel pretty hamstrung by the lack of a sorcerer's ability to change out their spells and their low total spells know. Alternatively if I had gone full Paladin I'd have Aura of Protection by now, so limitations on both sides are, of course, the perils on multiclassing!

Daishain, if Velon lives and his next level is taken in Paladin, would you let me swap out 1 Sorcerer spell as typically allowed when leveling, or will you allow that only if I take a sorcerer level? [Thanks]

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 620

KingOwlBear what did you mean by "Also readying a spell will break concentration"? Readying a spell is just holding main action for a trigger event, and doesn't RAW affect concentration. Is there something else involved?

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2017 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 620

He's right. Copying this directly from PHB...

When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but hold its energy, which you release with your reaction when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must have a casting time o f 1 action, and holding onto the spell’s magic requires concentration (Explained in chapter 10). If your concentration is broken, the spell dissipates without taking effect. For example, if you are concentrating on the web spell and ready magic missile, your web spell ends, and if you take damage before you release magic missile with your reaction, your concentration might be broken.

Thanks Nikolaos! Now I need to decide what Velon will do… Not knowing exactly where people will by by Velon's turn makes it hard to go heal others with touch spells. It seems the dragon goes before Velon too so I'm confused as you whether my actions really mean anything at all until the dragon goes. Makes me wonder if Round 1 of each battle should be only everyone that rolled a higher initiative than the enemy. After that we make a full cycle of actions before the enemy goes again.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.