Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 640 of 948

Cool. Sounds as if perhaps this is a rare - Page 640 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Jan, 2018 - 9:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
5th Jan, 2018 - 8:12am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 640

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, since I already have a +1 studded leather armour, the elven chain does not appear to do much apart from give her a 17 instead of 16 to her AC. This in addition to the heavier weight… I believe that I may have possibly make a bad choice.

For her feat, I may actually request of the Dungeon Master to perhaps allow the following feat from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. This in part because I feel as an Arcane Trickster she needs a bit more magic then she has, and because of her being a drow:

international QUOTE
Drow High Magic
Prerequisite: Elf (Drow)
You learn more of the magic typical of dark elves. You learn the Detect Magic spell and can cast it at will, without expending a spell slot. You also learn Levitate and Dispel Magic, each of which you can cast once without expending a spell slot. You regain the ability to cast the spell in this way when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Also, rolling hit dice.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2018 - 8:23am

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Hit Dice on D8 (+0): 5 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas,

Magic initiate might be a better option, depending on why you want more spells? What edge do you hope to gain from them?

5th Jan, 2018 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well Detect Magic at will is quite nice, and Levitate compliments Zarra already having access to Mage Hand plus the Ranged Legerdemain class ability of Arcane Trickster. Finally, Dispel Magic can also be useful, especially in disrupting the spells of enemy casters.

If I did go with the feat Magic Initiate, I'd just use it to perhaps pick up a damage spell and/or Cure Wounds.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2018 - 4:56pm

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 640 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

One of the reasons I ended up picking Historian as Lawrance's Feat was to keep in with the character's personality. The extra +1 Int helps, too. There are too few Feats to choose from in 5e to spend too much time debating points. Going to be making a lot of History rolls to help other people's skill checks! "There was this master assassin in Waterdeep who learned that, if you place a mirror against a wall and light a candle in front of it, it increases the shadows on the far sides of a room. (Stealth +3 to sneaking people)"

Two week note: unless things makemechange it, here’s my plan - 3 days melting ice and copying spells, one week lab work on new cantrips and more spell copying, 2 days complete copyingog spells and 2 free days.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 5th Jan, 2018 - 6:58pm

6th Jan, 2018 - 4:54am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Nikolaos will have a few things he wants to do during the two week period.
1. Return the sundial to complete his quest.
2. Contact his mother Martha to tell her the good news and arrange for her travel.
3. Talk to the local priest of Lathander.
4. Spend times in taverns listening for rumors and performing
5. Work on composing songs to perform, exalting the deeds of the chromatic silver blaze.
6. Contact his mentors to update them on his life and ask for any news.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2018 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wow, always interesting to see what the dragons have to say!

Would our characters know what they mean by a boon? I mean with regard to power; don't want to ask for too much or too little! Do they mean one for the group or each gets a small individual boon?

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, the dragons themselves will go investigate what is happening at the well? They have thus not given us a new mission thus far, unless it is to recover more of the other three masks, in which case we need some direction, correct?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2018 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 640

They have not given any sort of mission as of yet. They'll be looking into the well themselves shortly, and currently have no hints on where the other masks are even if Protanther was inclined to risk something so sensitive to humanoids again.

As to the boon, it is for the party as a whole, and is generally speaking a favor that would be very difficult to impossible for you to manage yourself, but within their resources to grant without extraordinary effort. The request for a captured powerful air elemental is a good example of the sort of thing that can be asked.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Jan, 2018 - 6:10pm

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2018 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 640

Cool. Sounds as if perhaps this is a rare enough gift that it is worth spending our boon on then. I’m guessing not every small city has a wizard able to come and conjure such a thing, and for a low price, unless this is known to be an affordable option in Suzail?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.